technology problem between web site and eBay site

Some time ago we were approached by eBay Australia if we wanted to have our web site migrated to eBay's site. We agreed with their proposal. However, we have experienced numeours problems as our website is hosted by Big Commerce and they maintain that our information should be "pushed" from their site and not "pulled" by the eBay sites. Every eBay buyer appears as a guest on the web site. Where out of stocks are acceptable on the website they constitute a major problem on eBay. Items that were listed prior to the migration of the web site and are sold have no SKU on the web site and create problem there.

We have tried to bring these issues to eBay's attention but the replies keep asking for transaction numbers or the latest one about the mobile app problem?

We also have had our seller standard rated below standard and have had our activities on eBay curtailed as a result of this.

We think we have been mislead by eBay when they migrated the products across from our web site without doing proper due dilgence on all the possiblities that could arise between the two web sites.

We have had a number of discusions as well with Citybeach Software, who are the people who have done the migration on behalf of eBay.

We think that Ebay is a good platform for some types of selling but linking it to another website incorrectly is fraught with problems and we as the seller have had to accept them and be punished as well.

We have yet to receive any reasonable explanation from eBay.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

My goodness why would you even consider that is beyond me. I would never give up any control of my own website and place it in ebays hands. Never. Think you would be better off breaking ties with them to be honest.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I also have a Big Commerce website and did the migration from website to ebay, it simply doesn't work as it has no real inventory control. Better to do it through inkfrog, item sells on ebay deducts from inventory on website, item sells on website deducts from inventory on ebay. You can also manage more than one ebay account through inkfrog.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Ebay misleading sellers?  nooooo... EBay would never do THAT!   (hahahhaha)

Oh wow..  Apart from the issues you describe, I couldnt imagine why anyone would chose to do that, unless Ebay was paying YOU a nice sum. Thats a smart way for them to wipe out their competition (or turn their competition into their customers)..

Dont keep going around in circles with Ebay - they are either incompetent or purposefully dodgy in regard to the most basic aspects of selling and their website - why would they be any better with something more complicated?

If I were you, I'd be going directly to the ACCC, or whoever, and get them to deal with it and get you out of any contract or deal youve signed up to.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

interesting development is that help section can not understand how we were given the email address of the sales department. The sales department has never responded. Perhaps they have moved on to another country to continue their program.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply