the roll out of ebay managed payments

i'm sure a lot or most of you probably received the managed payments email this morning. in case you didn't, or missed here - ebay is rolling out managed payments later in the year with pre-registration opening shortly.

more info is located at https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/managed-payments

Message 1 of 699
Latest reply
698 REPLIES 698

Re: the roll out of ebay managed payments

@toysandthings12 wrote:

well its just **bleep**,

Transfer was listed as meant to go on 19th from a sale on the 17th, went thru 4am on the 20th, not in the bank account so far...

seems this is a total waste of our time and cash.

What was once a 6 hour timeframe is now looking like a week...weeks??

More sales since accumulating but still in the processing stage....wow this couldnt get worse right....wrong.

I havent got to the what others have reported declined stage so far.

The joke is on us.

Yes the joke is on everyone who agreed to it. It's appalling as I expected it would be. Had everyone just declined they wouldn't have had any sellers and would have had to dump the stupid idea

Message 421 of 699
Latest reply

I assume ebay still provides you with the fees they charge on monthly basis? Then you just have to add all ebay fees as a business expense item instead of working out expense (fee) for each individual item?

Message 422 of 699
Latest reply

Ebay takes out their cut immediately from the sale, you will most likely only get charged the shop fee at the end of the month.

My husband is already whinging about his, about how ebay says it is paid, send it, but he has no money in the bank or any way to check.

Mine hits on the 24th, I have told him if it is too stressful I am going to be closing my shop and our local op shop is going to love me :0)

Jenny

Message 423 of 699
Latest reply

They can stick it up their you know what , 

After 18 years I have been slowly winding down over time seeing the end of choice coming and when they put me on Managed Payment I will shut up shop 

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 424 of 699
Latest reply

I certainly can understand sellers beginning to question the worth of selling on eBay. We are thinking of shutting one store completely. eBay is currently doing well during the pandemic but as some stage down the track, that volume will change.

When you see them advertising on television, shock horror, that tells you something. Even their $50 bribe to join 'Mangled Payments' isn't enough for us to sign up yet. That amount doesn't even cover the mental anguish compensation, let alone their higher fees...
Message 425 of 699
Latest reply

My biggest continued gripe now two weeks in is how the money is being "processed" On the weekend we sold $400 worth of items which was the total available in the payments page....We get today into the account $79.32....What a F**king joke...so are they saying nobody processes these items sold over the weekend? Our other account is still yet to switch over, we sold $300 odd worth of money....ALL of that money via paypal will hit he account this afternoon even money we transferred last night. 

No wonder people are about to leave in droves!

Message 426 of 699
Latest reply

It's weird how it's different for everyone. Every day I am receiving payouts for items that were bought the previous day, none of them has sat on processing for more than the rest of the day on which the payment was made. On Monday's I'm receiving payouts for items purchased on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I wonder if they are prioritising payment processing on some accounts.

Message 427 of 699
Latest reply

Tough seeing more and more retail small business closures. Our town like many others have more empty shops every week. Online selling is not as easy as many people realise and becoming more crowded every day, even harder dealing with ePay on a good day...
Message 428 of 699
Latest reply

Doing some digging on the USA Community Forum on 'managed payments'. Interesting how I couldn't sort the topic thread by the number of replies - are eBay trying to hide the most popular threads on the subject ?

I could only find 1,000 search items !

https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&q=%22managed%20payments%...
Message 429 of 699
Latest reply