unfair retun request

I recieved a return request from a buyer complaining about a stain on a top, i'd decripded the stain in the add body and there's also a picture showing it, and i've uploaded the picture and screen cap of the ad to the return request page, is there any chance ebay will take my side? As basically what i've heard is ebay will never take a seller's side even if they're right

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

unfair retun request

dont listen to everything you ere , some sellers blame ebay when it rains,if your add shows  and says about a  stain you shoud be allright.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

unfair retun request

Was it a return request or an Item Not as Described dispute?  My experience is that if the fault in question was fully disclosed you should be within your rights to refuse the return request, but eBay tend to "strongly encourage" sellers to accept returns.  At best, you may find they expect you to accept the return provided the buyer returns the item in original condition and at their expense.  At worst the may just refund the buyer automatically.  If it was a INAD you would probably be able to get the assocated defect removed by showing evdenbce that the fault was actually described in the listing.  I had a win on one of those the other day.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

unfair retun request

'dont listen to everything you ere , some sellers blame ebay when it rains'

And some never say a bad word about ebay and abuse others who do. Sound familiar?

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

unfair retun request

and some people sell things that they are not allowed to ,then compllain when they dont get a good feedback  , sound familiar mmmm

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

unfair retun request

If the return was INAD ebay basicly force you to accept or it gets closed without seller resolution.
In other words ebay refund the buyer and keeps the item (from what im told) and you get a defect on your account, if you have already uploaded your pics from your listing and photos with stain, i would ring ebay and ask for a supervisor to look at the case, there answer might depend on your return policy.
sounds like it should be a remorse return (buyer most likly did not read your listing) and i would push that point with the supervisor
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

unfair retun request

It might also be the case that the buyer thought they could get the stain out..... couldn't.... want a refund.

If you get the item back... I would be checking it's condition very carefully for any signs of tampering that weren't there before

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

unfair retun request

saarzi
Community Member

I think its going to come down to how you described the stain - you needed to be clear the top was being sold "AS IS", whether or not the stain comes out. So, if youve written something like "stain might come out in wash", or written nothing at all, then technically youre probably NOT covered and will probably be forced to refund - although you could still try it with Ebay.

If you wanted to, you could email the buyer and tell them the stain was listed and described in the listing, if youve written sold "as is", refer them to that in the listing. If not, hope and pray they give up.

However, if you dont refund, youre probably going to get a defect anyway from negative feedback, which Ebay is not going to remove stain or no stain. Feedback is based on customer satisfaction, which is opinion on a transaction (ALL of it), not really hard facts.

So if I was you, I'd email them the above, wait for a reply, and if they complain more offer them a refund. Be happy about it in the email, more than willing to help - Tell them the day you receive the top back in the post, you will refund immediately. Ask them to put tracking on it for THEIR safety because Ebays policy is no return, no refund.  Let them know they are responsibile for return post cost, BUT,  Paypal actually has a return post offer where the buyer can claim! But make sure they read the fine print so theyre covered! (how good are you as a seller for giving a full refund and letting them know about the Paypal reimbursement!!).

Positive feedback is the aim.

Being out of pocket a couple of dollars that you can make up on another sale is better than a neg that wont be removed (depending on how much feedback youve got and how much you can risk it, I guess).

I have taken on a few neg feedbacks because I knew no matter what I did I was going to get it anyway, or that it was a real scam. You need to judge the situation, buyer and their emails.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

unfair retun request

Soz, my post talks about two different refunds - Change of mind and INAD.

for INAD, you could refuse refund, then take it and go to Ebay saying it was described. Youre going to get a neg whether you refund or not (thats correct isnt it?), so you dont have anything to lose.

For change of mind, offer a refund and be nice about it, to avoid a neg defect.

That made sense, didnt it?   Lol

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

unfair retun request

Sorry,  my previous post wasn't to endorse what the buyer is doing, just making a comment on the scenario,

I would go with Penny.  It's quite common for second hand clothing to be sold with faults that are fully described.  

If the stain was desribed in the listing then the OP should be covered theoretically.  I have heard of sellers fighting similar INAD claims successfully.  The only way to do this is to PHONE ebay (or get a callback) and ask to speak to a supervisor, armed with all your evidence, including the email exchange with the buyer.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply