use of the word 'Nazi'

Can i use the word 'Nazi' when selling a WW2 postcard with that word on it?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

use of the word 'Nazi'

I think you will have to be very careful with an item like that, eBay aren't exactly known for exercising logic and / or fair, unbiased judgement when it comes to whether or not an item or listing violates policy.

I don't know what kind of picture or message your postcard depicts or conveys, and am not assuming anything one way or the other, just highlighting the fact that eBay is pretty trigger-happy when ending listings and issuing policy violations, and I suspect even just the word may get that trigger finger a little itchy:

"....eBay will judiciously disallow listings or items that promote or glorify hatred, violence, racial or religious intolerance, or items that promote organisations (such as the KKK, Nazis, neo-Nazis and Aryan Nation) with such views. For example, eBay will generally remove items that bear the marks of such organizations, such as relics from the KKK or certain Nazi memorabilia."

From the Offensive Material policy page: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/offensive.html

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

use of the word 'Nazi'

Have to say I agree with DG, better not to use the word in the description.

As a collector of assorted WW2 items, it wouldn't bother me as it, presumably, is just an historical item but, you may find there's plenty of folk out there who may find it offensive.

Probably just better to use "WW2 German thingymajig" in your title and description and avoid any possible grief. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

use of the word 'Nazi'

'Third Reich'  maybe?  or will that also get jumped on?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

use of the word 'Nazi'

How about simply "WWII German Postcard". This implies all the above.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

use of the word 'Nazi'

If you type "Nazi" into ebay search, 5799 items come up.

I think you might be ok

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

use of the word 'Nazi'

many thanks, i will use the word.

kind regards

katy72009

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

use of the word 'Nazi'

A few years ago I listed a book which was written in German and was all about the German army. Some type of army manual. I put Nazi in the title and it lasted a few hours before being taken down by eBay. I changed the title and wording and relisted without problems. But bakc then using the word Nazi was a policy breach.

Good luck with the postcard

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply