username

How do I find a member with a username that I know to see if he is still registered?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: username

Tried it in firefox and chrome and comes up as an error for me.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Also for me - with Edge

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

It works with all browsers for me. I just add the username after https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/ without anything else.

If you click on any member's feedback or listings here for example and then go to their homepage, it is always like above... Not sure why it does not work on some computers.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

OP - this would be the link with your username for example: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/rover41music

Just replace your username with any other username to go to their page, It works for me...

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Some (very few) pages seem to have str instead of usr...

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

It still all hinges on whether they've visited the forum though, doesn't it?

What if you want to find someone who hasn't been to the forums?

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

That link + username is independent of the forum.

I have a list of sellers I found interesting, but not enough to save them as favourite sellers, and I have the links in a file, all in that format (with only a couple with str instead of usr). Most of them probably never visited the forum. It is just how the urls of eBay profiles usually are.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

When you click on that link it goes immediately into an error. However, if you type it out exactly as the link and then put the persons username into it then it works. It is a pity the link won't hold and you have to type the whole thing out. So what I have done is put one username in as a saved link and if I want to search for someone else I just change the username at the end. That works, thanks.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

The link works for me. I have just checked again. 

If it does not work for you though and you don't want to have to type it out every time, something I also do is go to my feed, saved sellers, then just click on a saved seller and when the page opens I change the username (the last part of the url)...

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Thank you. I shall try that

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply