watch

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had to send a reminder to buyer to,pay for item. (Watch) Then had to report non paying buyer. Finally they paid. Now they want a oart reimbursement saying therevare some flaws??? Its 10 years old and second hand! The thing is it works like i bought it yesterday! No malfunction on the correct time at all! How Am i supposed to prove this to paypal? They could of done anything to the watch. They said the jeweller says it has faults. What faults? It works. End of.  Now paypal are making a decision. Decision on what? Never using paypal again. Not many honest people out there either. Ive had enough.

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

watch

PayPal will not grant a partial refund through the resolution process on your behalf - with them, it is all or nothing, meaning that if they find in the buyer's favour, they will be instructed to return the watch (at their own expense) in order to receive a full refund of the original payment. 

If that happens, and you have any doubts or suspicions about the buyer's honesty, and they do in fact send you a package, don't open until you can do so in the presence of credible witnesses, preferably the police. 

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

watch

Paypal also issues parital refund now. The way that Paypal handles cases has been developing

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

watch

Having said that, I think Paypal is a better place to resolve disputes.

Paypal gives credits to Australia Post documents.

Ebay does not give any credits to Australia Post documents.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

watch

@henglongtankparts wrote:

Paypal also issues parital refund now. The way that Paypal handles cases has been developing

There is a provision in eBay's MBG policy for partial refunds: 

"Alternatively, with the buyer's consent, we may give a partial refund if an item was significantly not as described. When we give the buyer a partial refund, we don't ask them to return the item. We may require the seller to reimburse us for the partial refund."

But the only mention of it in PayPal's current user agreement shows that the buyer and seller have to agree to it, there's nothing to indicate PayPal will grant a request for a partial refund when a dispute has been escalated:

"S15.7 If you and the seller agree to a refund amount that is less than the amount of the original transaction, and the seller provides you the refund, we will consider your dispute/claim to be successfully resolved."

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

watch

Not sure. But Paypal did it a few months ago. 

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

watch

Is it an automatic/mechanical movement watch?

Sometimes in transit, they can start to behave erratically. Because of the jolting etc. even if really well packed.

Then after a few winds they can settle.

Could, explain why it was working perfectly when you sent it then the buyer had an issue.

Trouble is, you need to know that, and give it time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

watch

Anonymous
Not applicable

It still works. They just said the jeweller quoted issues on inside the watch. Unbelievable. But yeah the watch works fine. 

Thanks for everyones comment 😀

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

watch

If I paid $400 for a Tag Heuer watch I would like to know that it had been serviced sometime during it's lifetime.  Just because "it works" it does not mean it has been looked after....it could well have issues that only an expert watchmaker would detect.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

watch

i wonder is $400 a good price for this watch.

as in, is it a good price for a top notch watch with no issues or is it the kind of price you would expect to pay for an everday average watch that may well need a good service by a proffessional watch maker.

its like you can buy a cheap porsche but it'll need a lot of money to fix it up

or you can buy an expensive porsche that has documentation showing its had everything fixed.

$400 is lot for a watch to me, but maybe for tag heuer watche its cheap or average.

i think the time to ask tough questions is before you commit to a $400 buy.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply