what to do when buyers refuses to leave feedback ?

Recently sold several items to two seperate buyers. Buyers were contacted to make sure they were happy. No response and no feedback has been left by them after receiving positive feedback from me for quick payment.

Both buyers have purchased again since purchasing my items.

Check of both of them reveals they aren't leaving feedback for anyone....

LOW ACT...sellers rely on feedback.  Both buyers are happily ticking up their positive feedback.

Will name and shame in future if this happens again....

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I know its so hard starting out, you really want to build up your numbers. I also know how it feels when you believe you have sent a quality item and given great customer service only to be rewarded with ......well..........in reality an increased bank account! Relax, I do sympathasize, its tough getting going, even now I get kinda miffed when people dont bother to leave fb but as long as the sales are there the fb will come.

I presume you started selling  to make some money $ not for the fb and it sounds like you are doing really well with repeat buyers already! Focus on the sales the fb numbers will grow.

all the best!Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

A very low act indeed. Report them via the BURN THEM AT THE STAKE link
Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

1. Feedback is VOLUNTARY for both Buyers and Sellers.

2.  If your keep hassling them you may receive Feedback that you won’t like.

3. You can’t “name and shame”, it’s definitely against eBay Policy and you may find your account suspended.

4. They’re still purchasing your items, surely that’s sufficient kudos...prompt payment is better than just a little ‘green’ dot.

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

lemmayj
Community Member

@kurtiss22 wrote:

Recently sold several items to two seperate buyers. Buyers were contacted to make sure they were happy. No response and no feedback has been left by them after receiving positive feedback from me for quick payment.

Both buyers have purchased again since purchasing my items.

Check of both of them reveals they aren't leaving feedback for anyone....

LOW ACT...sellers rely on feedback.  Both buyers are happily ticking up their positive feedback.

Will name and shame in future if this happens again....

The buyers probably think they're buying items, not feedback, and don't care about their own feedback at all. (As you can't leave negative feedback for buyers, all their feedback tells you is that they've done a certain number of transactions).

I understand that as a relatively new seller feedback is particularly important to you, but you need to be careful about how you ask for it. Better to get no feedback at all than get feedback of the wrong colour, or have your DSRs trashed because a buyer thinks you're being demanding about feedback. You look to have left 18 feedback for buyers and received 14, which is a fairly typical ratio.

Sometimes it's best to be careful what you wish for ..... Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

very funny, but play nicely.

kurtiss feedback is voluntary [ebay rules], also you cannot ask for feedback [again ebay rules].

does seem important when you start out to build your numbers up but just do the best you can by your customers and it will grow.

cheers

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

I'm hanging out for ONE feedback. But only so I can see what my DSR's are doing. I assume they're okay or eBay would have let me know, but I'm nosey.

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

What do I do when a buyer doesn't leave feedback? I thank the lord that they chose not to leave any rather than anything that was less than positive and I would never dream of contacting them in case they did exactly what I would do if a seller cluttered up my mail box with a request for feedback............I would neg them with the comment "Here is the feedback you were so keen to receive"

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

Buyers don't have to give feedback.

You don't need to name and shame-VERY bad idea--so what if a buyer didn't give feedback, it's not a crime. If i read that about a buyer, my sympathy would be with them,  I would think it reflected more on you as a nasty seller.

If you had a go at me in feedback because I hadn't praised you for a previous purchase, I would be furious and I would be tempted to retaliate with negative feedback to you. That would hurt you more than it would me.

The perfect 'revenge' is there for you though.Smiley Happy

You say these buyers have bought from you again. Just don't give them any feedback until after they do for you. A lot of sellers already work it that way. You don't need to explain it to them, just do it like that and in time, if they care about feedback at all, they will get the idea.

But basically, if they are repeat buyers, they were probably happy last time. Plus you are making money. Other buyers will probably give feedback, so what is the problem if a few miss out every now and again?

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

I know its so hard starting out, you really want to build up your numbers. I also know how it feels when you believe you have sent a quality item and given great customer service only to be rewarded with ......well..........in reality an increased bank account! Relax, I do sympathasize, its tough getting going, even now I get kinda miffed when people dont bother to leave fb but as long as the sales are there the fb will come.

I presume you started selling  to make some money $ not for the fb and it sounds like you are doing really well with repeat buyers already! Focus on the sales the fb numbers will grow.

all the best!Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

I never ask for feedback (or at least not more than once). Watch your DSR for Communication plummet as a result, or some buyer get annoyed and leave you BAD FEEDBACK!

The fact they bought again from you as better than any feedback

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply