PlayStation VR + 500Gb PS4 Slim + PS4 Camera + Stan (Bundle) Brand New & Sealed

ra7250
Community Member
Hi is my listing good? Any good positive ideas on how to improve will be great, and how can I win a despite if a buyer wants a refund?

23 Hours 35Mins Remaining
Listing Link : http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/PlayStation-VR-500Gb-PS4-Slim-PS4-Camera-Stan-Bundle-Brand-New-Sealed-/1724...
Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

That looks much better. The buyer can see in the description what they'll be getting, without being bombarded with a whole heap of rubbish.

In regards to winning disputes, it's never easy. If a buyer claims not delivered and the tracking shows not delivered, you'll lose a dispute. If the tracking states it has been delivered, you have more chance of winning (although sometimes you have to put up a fight).

If a buyer claims not as described, there is little you can do as eBay nearly always sides with the buyer. Best thing to do is cover your butt. If something has a scratch on it, mention it. If there is a squashed corner on a box, mention it. Mention absolutely everything, even if it's only a tiny spot. If a buyer then tries to claim not as described, for say a squashed corner on a box, you can direct eBay to your listing to see that what they're claiming for was mentioned in the listing.

Im pleased to see you removed the watch from the photo of the watchband. A lot of buyers only look at the photo, so if they see a photo of a watch in the band, they think they'll be getting that too. I know you said you washed the band, but if there are any blemishes or nicks, or anything, regardless of how small, mention it.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

@ra7250 wrote:
Hi is my listing good? Any good positive ideas on how to improve will be great, and how can I win a despite if a buyer wants a refund?

you do not need to put a link to the listing in your Opening Post.  We can see your items by clicking on "View listings" below your ID at the left.  I only mention this because you had the link in your other thread and it was removed by a moderator.

Your watch listing looks good now.  No exaggerated claims about the RRP and the pic is of the actual item on offer.  I can't see any problems with that listing.  You might consider taking a pic of the band sitting next to a ruler.  By this I mean the band next to a ruler, not you!  Smiley Very Happy

As for your console listing, I think you should include pics of the actual item i.e. the unopened boxes.  If you use stock or manufacturer pictures then as a buyer I would suspect that you do not have the physical item in your possession and are intending to buy once someone buys your listing (dropshipping).  That would be fraught with danger as a buyer could use a credit card through PayPal to fund the purchase and then make a chargeback some months down the track.  Whilst you may have PayPal protection in the event of a chargeback if you follow PayPal rules, it is a process that will cause you some degree of grief.

The 20 day handling time is also problematic.  Why such a long handling time?  This would put me off if I was wanting to buy one of these.

How do you win a dispute if a buyer claims a refund?  Simple, follow the rules for selling on eBay and do not look to be clever with your wording in descriptions.  As I said on your other thread, honesty is the best policy.  If you are dropshipping (buying after a buyer purchases) then you need to be up front about that in your listing.

Spoiler
you do realise that some of the watchers on that console listing are only watching because of your postings here?  Just sayin

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

If I was asking $1.2k for something,I'd want to see an actual photo of it. With a feedback score of 0 and 50% rating, along with a negatative on a$825 item you might want to try Gumtree.

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

Use their id in the reply

for instance - @ digi or  @ K1000  or whoever

Message 19 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

ra7250
Community Member
Dispute* Auto correct
Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

That looks much better. The buyer can see in the description what they'll be getting, without being bombarded with a whole heap of rubbish.

In regards to winning disputes, it's never easy. If a buyer claims not delivered and the tracking shows not delivered, you'll lose a dispute. If the tracking states it has been delivered, you have more chance of winning (although sometimes you have to put up a fight).

If a buyer claims not as described, there is little you can do as eBay nearly always sides with the buyer. Best thing to do is cover your butt. If something has a scratch on it, mention it. If there is a squashed corner on a box, mention it. Mention absolutely everything, even if it's only a tiny spot. If a buyer then tries to claim not as described, for say a squashed corner on a box, you can direct eBay to your listing to see that what they're claiming for was mentioned in the listing.

Im pleased to see you removed the watch from the photo of the watchband. A lot of buyers only look at the photo, so if they see a photo of a watch in the band, they think they'll be getting that too. I know you said you washed the band, but if there are any blemishes or nicks, or anything, regardless of how small, mention it.

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

@ra7250 wrote:

you do not need to put a link to the listing in your Opening Post.  We can see your items by clicking on "View listings" below your ID at the left.  I only mention this because you had the link in your other thread and it was removed by a moderator.

Your watch listing looks good now.  No exaggerated claims about the RRP and the pic is of the actual item on offer.  I can't see any problems with that listing.  You might consider taking a pic of the band sitting next to a ruler.  By this I mean the band next to a ruler, not you!  Smiley Very Happy

As for your console listing, I think you should include pics of the actual item i.e. the unopened boxes.  If you use stock or manufacturer pictures then as a buyer I would suspect that you do not have the physical item in your possession and are intending to buy once someone buys your listing (dropshipping).  That would be fraught with danger as a buyer could use a credit card through PayPal to fund the purchase and then make a chargeback some months down the track.  Whilst you may have PayPal protection in the event of a chargeback if you follow PayPal rules, it is a process that will cause you some degree of grief.

The 20 day handling time is also problematic.  Why such a long handling time?  This would put me off if I was wanting to buy one of these.

How do you win a dispute if a buyer claims a refund?  Simple, follow the rules for selling on eBay and do not look to be clever with your wording in descriptions.  As I said on your other thread, honesty is the best policy.  If you are dropshipping (buying after a buyer purchases) then you need to be up front about that in your listing.

Spoiler
you do realise that some of the watchers on that console listing are only watching because of your postings here?  Just sayin
Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

If I was asking $1.2k for something,I'd want to see an actual photo of it. With a feedback score of 0 and 50% rating, along with a negatative on a$825 item you might want to try Gumtree.

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

???????????????????????????????????????????????

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

The listing itself looks fine.

You may get lucky, I don't know, as it seems you have 9 watchers. Could just be people from on here, could be genuine buyers. We'll soon see I guess.

Personally, I would not buy from you.

Why?

* Very big ticket item

*No pick up mentioned as an option. Yet you are charging $40 for 'express post', but not posting for a month? Doesn't add up. Not if you really have the item. You need to address the issue of postage time in your ad, make some explanation as it is very unusual.

Main reason. You do not have zero feedback. You have less than zero I am afraid. You only have one transaction recorded as a seller and that is a neg. The person says they never received the item.

I personally would not touch it.

Until such time as you build up a record of a quantity of other successful sales such as the watch band, I would hesitate to buy from you. Other ebayers may be different.

The ad looks okay but if you sell anything, follow through and make it a positive experience for your buyer, that would be my suggestion. The ad is important, the item and transaction more so.

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

ricky, I'd like to ask a few questions about your console listing.

What exactly does "Version : Australian Compatible" mean with regards to the items?  Are they versions manufactured for an overseas country that will work here in Australia?  OR, is this the normal way that these things are described/labelled?  (non-gamer here LOL)

Your postage . . . . . why bother offering Express Postage when you have a handling time of 20 business days?  Looking at this from a buyer's point of view I would conclude that you are trying to be deceptive by making potential buyers think they will get their item fast through express postage knowing that members don't usually look at the P&H tabs where they find your handling time.  Many buyers now realise that eBay's delivery estimates are flawed and would probably overlook the dates anyway.

Last question, do you have the consoles in your possession or will you buy them if/when someone buys from your listing?

edit:  another thing, you can edit your post if you discover a spelling mistake after posting.  You have about 5 minutes in which to do so.  Just click the "Options" link right hand side just above your post and scroll down to "Edit post".  Make your corrections then click on "Post" and your post will be corrected.

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

Australian compatible is a fairly generic description to any console that is compatable in aus, for example, i own a console that is ntsc but is compatable in aus because i use a step down converter, and i have a pal console that is compatable in aus, even though i brought it from GB, i just use a power travel addaptor.

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

thanks bake.

I know little about consoles.  I do know that DVDs are region specific, and that there are DVD players that will play all regions.  Just didn't know what Australian Compatible meant in relation to consoles.  I thought that maybe they are being dropshipped from Amazon in the USA and are USA versions that will work here.

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply