why cant i leave feedback to a non payer

ytwo000
Community Member

dont understand why ebay makes it so that i (the seller) cant leave a negative feedback to a non payer even after the dispute closed and got my fees back.so unfair.Smiley Frustrated..seems like no matter what,a buyer has ALL the rights...Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@soaper2005 wrote:

dont understand why ebay makes it so that i (the seller) cant leave a negative feedback to a non payer even after the dispute closed and got my fees back.so unfair.Smiley Frustrated..seems like no matter what,a buyer has ALL the rights...Smiley Sad

Many come to the boards with the same issue soaper. 

I am not convinced that a return to leaving negative feedback would stop these non-paying pests, but I do think that some visibility of the number of strikes should show on their feedback page to make our trading environment more transparent, and make some of those pests think twice before they bid or buy.

There is also another recent dicussion thread on the same matter you have raised - the link is here - http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/NEGATIVE-feedback-option-for-time-wasting-non-paying-bidders...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Why would you want to? If, as used to be the case, you could leave a neg for the buyer they would have to be given free rein to leave feedback for you which would obviously not be positive. If you can explain to me how leaving a neg for non payers would be of any benefit I will be very surprised, it does not prevent anyone from bidding unless a seller is prepared to look through the feedback of every person who puts an early bid on their items, obviously it would not stop them doing last minute snipes or using BIN.

The current system where you can open and then close a dispute is much better for sellers, as ebay consider the transaction cancelled neither side can leave feedback, you get your fvf refunded and the non payer gets a strike recorded against their account. You have the option of blocking any menber who has more than one unpaid item strike against their account from bidding/buying your items.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

@soaper2005 wrote:

Many come to the boards with the same issue soaper. 

I am not convinced that a return to leaving negative feedback would stop these non-paying pests, but I do think that some visibility of the number of strikes should show on their feedback page to make our trading environment more transparent, and make some of those pests think twice before they bid or buy.

There is also another recent dicussion thread on the same matter you have raised - the link is here - http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/NEGATIVE-feedback-option-for-time-wasting-non-paying-bidders...

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

cant find anywhere where it says so many strikes and your out.seems these non payers can have unlimited amounts of strikes..i agree,i want to see the strikes VISIBLY,on their feedback page......

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

sellers have the option for setting their bl;ocks to exclude those with more than one non payment strike from entering into a contract with them.

May I ask how you believe that physically being able to see these strikes may help you any more than they already do, if you have your blocks in place?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

ever heard of "name and shame" ?..maybe not..

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Name and Shame works in many areas.

I am suffering from multiple non payers and cancelled bids.

If I get too many negatives as a seller I am sanctioned or removed from Ebay.

Why not the same treatment for a buyer?

I do not want to leave negative feedback and the couple that I left a few years back were not retaliatory, were not defamatory and I only left them because others on Ebay needed to be warned about a very dangerous character.

What is the point of having a setting for people with negative ratings when you can not leave a negative rating.

Negative ratings are not what I want to do.

I want to be busy packing and sending items. The "alledged ego trip" of leaving a negative is very low on my priority list unlike a lot of vindictive buyers lately.

My last negative was an unfair incorrect statement and I am still questioning the motive of the person involved but that is not allowed Possibly a good option would be to reintroduce honesty by equal exchange of feedback.

The other problem with using registration, signatures etc is that buyers complain anonymously about postage costs so if you recover the actual cost of postage, packing etc you will receive low DSR for postage.

Get enough of these anonymous strikes and you are sanctioned by Ebay as buyers are expecting free postage or stupidly cheap postage like they get from China.

The big problem with that is Aussie sellers are subsidizing delivery of Chinese articles.

The postage rate paid is kept by the country of origin as part of an international agreement.

The cost of delivery is borne by the country of delivery from the excess of their postage received.

So Aussie customers are subsidising Chinese deliveries.

So when you see $1.00 delivery from China you should be aware that Aussie post has to pay for it from somewhere.

Yes us Aussies are paying to compete with China.

Welcome to business in Australia.

And all these problems are because Ebay do not want you to hurt the feelings of a non paying bidder who has tied your items and money up for at least 8 days.

Does not make much sense to me.  

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Big deal these repeat offenders get strikes and what's the worst banned from eBay for a couple of weeks months blah blah blah and what ever. That's just bull. These people should be barred for life. It should be a fair and equal place for all. Yet my experience on eBay as a seller shows me that everything is tipped towards the buyer. EBay does nothing to support the seller. As far as holding me responsible for postage?

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

.................stands and claps loudly .............HAOLOVE One of the best written pieces I have seen on the subject.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@mattieboy72 wrote:

Big deal these repeat offenders get strikes and what's the worst banned from eBay for a couple of weeks months blah blah blah and what ever. That's just bull. These people should be barred for life. It should be a fair and equal place for all. Yet my experience on eBay as a seller shows me that everything is tipped towards the buyer. EBay does nothing to support the seller. As far as holding me responsible for postage?

Agree with you completly BUT, bar them for life and they simply set up another ID, "Just sayin"

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply