why cant i leave feedback to a non payer

ytwo000
Community Member

dont understand why ebay makes it so that i (the seller) cant leave a negative feedback to a non payer even after the dispute closed and got my fees back.so unfair.Smiley Frustrated..seems like no matter what,a buyer has ALL the rights...Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@chameleon54 wrote:

Agree with you completly BUT, bar them for life and they simply set up another ID, "Just sayin"

Only because the verification process is pissweak. Anyone can get a prepaid $30 sim kit, use most the credit,  then use that phone number to create a new verified ebay ID.  When I signed up to bid at Ross Auction I had to give them my driving licence number and a valid credit card so they can take $1 as a sign up fee. Good way to verify one's identity and helps to keeps the pests away. Non payers could then be charged the relisting fee on that credit card.

How having an option to block bidders with no Paypal accounts ? That would weed out a few pests.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

As it is not mandatory for a seller to have a Paypal account, it is unlikely eBay would require BUYERS to have a Paypal account.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I have my options set to block anyone with a recent strike for non payment, yet I have more non-paying pests than ever before over the last few months.

I dread to think how much time I would waste on more of these plonkers if I didn't have that block in place.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

The block is for more than one. If you go through the correct procedures for NPBs you should ensure that one more will trigger a lot of sellers' blocks.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

What do you mean by "recent strikes"?

You need to have your blocks set to cover buyers with more than one strike in 12 months.  That is about the most far ranging one that I know of.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

As it is not mandatory for a seller to have a Paypal account, it is unlikely eBay would require BUYERS to have a Paypal account.

I think you missed my point, I wasn't asking to be made mandatory but rather the sellers and buyers be offered the option of blocking bids from eBay members without a verified PayPal account. As it stands the current verification system for opening an account is a joke, any 10 year old can purchase a prepaid sim kit from the local supermarket and open a "verified" account then ditch the sim when the credit on it expires and move onto a new one.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

You can already do that.

Require immediate payment, which can only be done using Paypal. Simple.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Perhaps interestingly, the option to block buyers without a PayPal account is available on the US site.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Do you think these pests can’t open other accounts .

Maybe dozens of accounts for the same user, eBay doesn’t care as long as the $ rolls their way.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply