Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Re: Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Hi, I got there at 1.30.  Nowhere near as many as in the past.  I wonder how many they were holding back to restock with, as I wasn't going all that way again, and there was plenty of room on the tables.  It was easy to get around though; only one row up each side of the tables and all facing the same way makes it much easier.  Although some people go the wrong way and are looking at them all upside down, and one guy was even walking backwards to make them the right way up.  I've been to a few library fairs lately and the same books and authors keep popping up so I guess the libraries state wide get told what books/authors to get rid of to some degree.  Maybe it's a combination of local and general rarely borrowed books?  I hadn't heard of Stuart Woods and he's been at all of them the last month or so.

Went to Phoenix Park Library on the way up...just looked through the window on the way in..2 tables!  Nice clean toilets though.

Went to Hampton Park Library also...smaller than expected for a casey library sale, but nicely laid out and I found nine books I liked for $9.  There was a Salvos almost next door but nothing worthwhile and way over-priced as Salvos often is.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Message 1381 of 1,392
Latest reply

At Latrobe book sale, I think they had the majority of books out on Saturday and even after restocking for Sunday, the tables did not overflow -  60-70% appeared to be what had been there on the Staurday.

Lots of non-fiction but only two trestles of fiction, down on last couple of years and with plenty of elbow room.

And you meet the nicest people there Woman Happy

Jo

Message 1382 of 1,392
Latest reply

You're right about the elbow room!  Always better to have too much space that too little though (are you listening Warrnambool?)

Have posted Victorian fairs for November to the blog...highlights are Warragul, Horsham and Ballarat.

bookfairsblog.wordpress.com

fb - book fairs australia

Message 1383 of 1,392
Latest reply

One Mr. Forgetful might be interested in, going on a previous post, although I've just found it and it's on tomorrow so sorry if you miss this post!

Sunday, 27 November, Kew Historical Society Book Fair.  Phyllis Hore Room, rear of Kew Library.  Corner Hotham Road and Civic Drive in Kew.  Just 1.00 to 4.00 pm.

"Thousands of titles"  fiction and non-fiction, all genres.  Books $1 and $2, with kids books 3 for $1.

Enjoyed Horsham (apart from the snake) and the second of the recent Ballarat fairs.  Found a tray at Ballarat of an author I've been collecting for a while but rarely see...$50 for 76 books!  He wrote over 650 so I'm mad to collect them but at least this put a dent in it Smiley Happy

Message 1384 of 1,392
Latest reply

Kew was more a standard library sale than a historical one.  Bit of everything, 80% ex library books.  Had a good way of pricing I thought...$2 for donated (clean) books, and $1 for ex-library.  Bought a few nice hard covers.

Message 1385 of 1,392
Latest reply

Filled 16 x green bags on Saturday and 17 on the Sunday at the Latrobe Library sale.

Won't be going back to Horsham, did really well getting to the opp shops nice and early so that was good to pick up the Len Beadel set.

Kew was great, had my little helpers too so they loaded the boot while I picked, can't wait until the February 19 sale next year.

Need to get back around my favourite opp shops in Melbourne before the Christmas crowds take over the area and I can't get away.

Message 1386 of 1,392
Latest reply

Here's some 2017 dates for WA bookies, Save The Children Fund book sales.

Joondalup Book Sale, HBF Arena, Kennedya Dr, Joondalup

Sat 8 April 9-4pm and Sunday 9th April 9-1pm

UWA Book Sale, Stirling Highway, Crawley, Under the clock tower

Fri 18th August 3-9pm, Sat 19th Aug 8-5pm, Sun 20th Aug 8-5pm,Mon 21st Aug 9-6pm, Tues 22nd Aug 9-7pm and   Wednesday 23rd August 9-3pm.

Cannington Book Sale, Cannington Exh Centre, Corner Albany Highway and Station St, Cannington

Sat 23rd Sept 9-5pm, Sun 24th Sept 9-5pm, Mon 25th Sept 9-5pm, Tues 26th Sept 9-5pm, Wed 27th Sept 9-5pm and Thurs 28th Sept 9-Midday. Half price books/fill box $10  Tuesday onwards.

Message 1387 of 1,392
Latest reply

For Melbournians. Stonnington libraries book sales. Feb one was a couple of weeks ago sadly.

All at Toorak/South Yarra library from 10am to 2pm.

Saturday April 8th.

Saturday June 10th.

Message 1388 of 1,392
Latest reply

Not a big fan of the Toorak library sales unfortunately.  Held in a little room downstairs at the back of the library which is hard to find for the uninitiated.  Fiction mainly paperbacks, few bargains at $2 a book.  They start packing up very early and are not particularly friendly, which is unusual for a friends group.  Maybe it's the Toorak influence.

Message 1389 of 1,392
Latest reply

Finally I've found a date for the Lifeline Gippsland Book Fair. Thursday 27th & Friday 28th April. At the Morwell Lifeline warehouse/op shop in Fleming St.

Message 1390 of 1,392
Latest reply