Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Re: Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

pegasus-books
Community Member
LOL like that sign ๐Ÿ™‚
I think it's a bit hmmm... wrong I guess of people to get offended when you say no to a discount. I mean you don't work for free and need to make some money too. I sometimes feel that because the books are second hand people expect them to be dirt cheap as well. How long have you have had a B&M, Therese?
Message 281 of 1,392
Latest reply

I've never been to a $2 a bag sale. The best I've seen is $1 a kilo. *sigh* That was the best sale EVER!

Every sale prices differently. My favourite sale (as far as quality goes) is usually $1 a book but last time they had changed it to $20 a green bag. So I had to go away and cram as many booksinto the bag as possible before paying!
Message 282 of 1,392
Latest reply

pegasus-books
Community Member
Is there a good website you could recommend to me where I can see what to look out for with the Little Golden Books? I have found one but that one is american. I'd like to learn a bit more about them as I walked away from a big pile of them due to lack of knowledge?
Message 283 of 1,392
Latest reply

I think this site is the best, it's US based.

http://www.thesantis.com/Q___A_Page/q___a_page.html

There is also a book by Steve Santi about identifying and collecting LGB's. Obviously I can't tell you where to buy it cos that's against Ebay's rules. *mutters something about judyoz*
Message 284 of 1,392
Latest reply

There are also some collector's who prefer the Sydney LGB's. These were the ones published in Australia and often have more black on the spine than the others, and are slightly thicker than the US versions.
Message 285 of 1,392
Latest reply

I have been in the B&M for 3 1/2 years -the business has been around for nearly 30 in total -the prev owner still helps me out a couple of days a week
Message 286 of 1,392
Latest reply

I always make sure that I mention clearly in the listing description that the item is ex-library. I haven't had a lot of trouble selling ex-library stock. I recently sold a Founders of Australia book for $280- that I purchased from a library sale for $1.00. I love the library book sales ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 287 of 1,392
Latest reply

I have a copy of Steve's guide I can list on ebay -new of course
don't think it is that helpful for Aussies though it is hard work figuring out what is saleable and some very hft ones have been reprinted in the last couple of years -and to be honest I think the LGB market has fallen away the last year or so
in fact I am quietly steaming after getting a query about my madeline this afternoon with 13000 fb of course I would not have a clue about the value of certain books
Message 288 of 1,392
Latest reply

Um ahh! Just read the question on your Madeline listing. Cheeky buyer! X-(
Message 289 of 1,392
Latest reply

That buyer knows they want it, they just want to be stubborn about it.
Message 290 of 1,392
Latest reply