Music sellers - genre item specifics not showing in search It's Serious!!

Ahhhhh, Could ebay have got it wrong ....again?

Checked the search of CD's and LP vinyl after last nights category change updates, not sure if this was a problem before that, but anyone who sells or buys assuming Genre (Classical, rock, pop) is working , think again. In LP's there are 207000 itrems out of about 230000 on ebay OZ showing as UNSPECIFIED genre.

In my prime selling category of classical LP's there are a wholesome 21 items showing up in OZ, usually there are wellover 1000 classical LP's.  So I looked at unspecified LP's, and fired up a few that all had the genre stated in specifics, but they are not in the genre specific search when check searched, and I know MOST buyers if they want "Rock" or "Classical" will check that genre.

Terrifyingly I can't even see an unspecified genre count in CD's but add up all the Genre that are numbered and its only 20,000 out of 1.8million listings.  Maybe thats why Music category is getting such low hits per listing, because if they aren't in the category the seller has clearly chosen, then the buyers won't be seeing them unless by accident.

Yes I reported it to ebay this morning, (12/9) they EVENTUALLY took me seriously, but tried to say the category changes have a few minor glitches that would rectify THEMSELVES......yeah right.

Anyway they have reported it, and by the way, those unlinked items who chose "Worldwide" won't be showing up in the overseas domain genre's either.  Forget search placement ranking earnt by TRS or anything else, because if you aren't IN the search you can hardly be at the top eh???

If other music sellers can check specific items they listed against different filters and if they have the same problem, start making noise please.

Also, OZ  sellers that also list music in GBP and USD have some local visibility problems as well due to those reasons, but I won't go into that now, this comment mostly for oz sellers in AUD

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Music sellers - genre item specifics not showing in search It's Serious!!

yarmak
Community Member

I gave up a long time ago to use the genre section of ebay.I always look by title and authour/band it works for me

Also cuts out on impulse buying

Dave

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply