Annoying Pink colour next to my eBay name

IMG_7861.jpeg

I am a bloke that sells bloke stuff and having eBay putting a PINK with my initial next to my shop name is just WRONG and visually insulting and offensive. It doesn’t portray me or my shop in a good way. I cannot find a way to change this myself. I have uploaded my own profile picture and this makes no difference to this eBay controlled default icon. It also appears next to my name in messages as well! How can I get rid of it????

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Annoying Pink colour next to my eBay name

Had a good look - no pink showing abywhere for me - I'm on a tablet - not a phone.

Screenshot_20240203-132311_Chrome.jpg

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Can't help since I don't see anything like that when looking at you eBay page

There is a photo of things on shelves

Sorry you are insulted and offended by a colour you don't like

Hardly a technical issue

As for the 'eBay controlled default icon' not heard of that one

Maybe check the settings on your phone?

As a buyer, your attitude here would put me off far more than a pink circle , even if I could see such a thing

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Dismissed his feminine side. lol

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Are you talking about this account, cos I can't see it?

Have you tried looking at your store without signing in to see what buyers may see?

Spoiler
Did you also know that pink for girls is a 20th century thing?  Until then, pink was for boys.

These colors were first used as gender signifiers just prior to World War I (for either girls or boys), and pink was first established as a female gender signifier in the 1940s.

Spoiler
But thanks for your misogynistic point of view

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Ok that's good

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I cannot see it when I am on my computer and through the browser only on my smart phone. I asked customer service for help and they could see the issue but had to escalate it. From the responses so far it may be an app issue??

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Could be.  The app is notoriously useless.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

You must admit it it does match your eyes.

But seriously do you think it will turn away buyers.  And I am not sure that Paypal charging sellers fees is a thing,  oh thats right it was 4 years ago

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

So I deleted the app and reloaded it and this part way fixed the issue. My homepage now has my profile picture instead of the J in a circle of colour. When I look at individual items I still see the coloured J and in messages everyone that doesn't have a profile picture has a single initial inside a colour. So yes, it is an app issue. If it is happening to me it must surely be happening to other people?

I have also noticed a similar issue happening on Facebook. Sometimes when I view a profile picture the second image can be a single letter inside a colour. It must be a glitch in the Profile Picture software??

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply