EBay app on iPad stopped working

pav4asf
Community Member

The app has been very slow for a week now. I then deleted the app and have tried to reload, but it seems to not go beyond the spinning circle. 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: EBay app on iPad stopped working

The app seems to have had many problems for years.

On devices I still use the full classic site.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Buy a new Ipad, I hear there are some good ones from china

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

It's EBay it's effecting many mobile phones not just iPad and created major issues with my phone other connections and stuffed the Wi-Fi thinking phone so did my carrier so I'm typing this on loan phone same issue. Gumtree also down which eBay own. I closed down store can only use eBay on laptop which don't go on much so forced to close down store. Call eBay so they know your store is also effected. Uninstall the app before your phone goes buggy like mine
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

You still have a store.

And the app, while it has many issues, is unlikely to contain a virus. Which would appear to be your problem. Have you run AV and Malware checks? If not, why not? Or do you simply assume that it is an eBay issue when you are the only one so affected?

My store is not affected, nor are my other 2 accounts, so it would seem to be an issue with your phone. Given you CAN access eBay using somebody else's phone, that would be indicative.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I didn't think it was eBay for 24 hours EBAY CONFIRMED TO ME THEMSELVES IT'S THEM NOT ALL SELLERS ARE EFFECTED! When I put my phone in to be fixed the same issue happened on the loan phone causing same issues. Both eBay and gumtree it's happening eBay owns gumtree so I called EBay and apologized and said they are experiencing difficulties especially with bigger sellers and not all seller I'd are effected. So respectfully Dave will you are wrong and my two phones tell me your wrong and eBay themselves are confirming this since they have told me to uninstall app no issues. With app major major issues. It's not first time they have had issues. They even apologized to me so I've got a phone to rescue but again davewill your wrong as eBay have received many calls in last 2 days and they are trying to fix it.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

You still have a store.

And I can only make judgement on the facts presented at the time, not the extra ones you choose not to disclose.

You might try punctuation, too. And paragraphs. It makes things a lot easier to read and understand.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

And Customer Service are notorious for telling you anything to get you off the line.

They haven't a clue if it's a problem or not.

They just tell you it is.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply