How do I complain about short supplied goods not fit purpose or description and unmerchantable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Give me access to a complaint for goods not fitting description, not fit for purpose, and short supplied. I only used this complaint mechanism because I could not see another that fitted.
Also, you obviously did not read all the emails or you would have understood the problem I have. That indicates that you are more interested in ticking computer boxes than solving customer problems.
I now have a useless pond pump that will not work because vital parts were missing in the delivery.
You ask what can you do? Go and read all the emails I had with the seller, and tell me how to make your system work.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

How do I complain about short supplied goods not fit purpose or description and unmerchantable.

There are only other buyers and sellers like yourself here

Nobody here got your emails

eBay do not read here

Nobody here is to blame for your issue, nobody here is 'ticking computer boxes'

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

eBay don't read here.

This is a public forum for eBay members.

image host
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Have you opened a case for Items not as described ?

image host
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Note: you're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

grins_au, if you need to communicate with eBay, eBay's "Have us call you" option is by far the best way to get in touch with eBay. (Emails are useless, for a number of reasons, but primarily because the responses, when they are finally sent, are bot-generated.)

eBay say: We'll call you at the phone number registered to your account, or you can enter a different number.

We’re available from 8am to 10pm AET, 7 days a week.

But before you do anything, please read THIS POST, in which I cover the options for a buyer who has a situation where an item has either not arrived or is significantly not as described.

If you need further help, post here again; there are quite a few forum members who will be happy to help with giving advice on what to do.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

ll, I am in the same predicament as the previous writer. I have ordered sme good on Ebay and promptly paid via PayPal. After a while the goods finally came but there were only two of the four items I ordered. I immeditaley contacted the seller and he promised me that he was going to fix it up. Nothing happened. So I emailed (Via Ebay buyer and seller emails of course) and asked him what was going on and he apologised and told me that he was going to fix it up. I contacted him again and he sadi he was going to chase it up through his supplier and the logistic deparmtment and still nothing. I contacted him again and he stated that he was going to fix it up but nothing. So now I sent another emal to him asking him what was going on and that if he wasn't going to complete his part of the bargain and send me the goods that werne' supplied in the first place he was forcing me to refer the matter to Ebay for action and NOW HE DIDN"T EVEN BOTHERED TO REPLAY. Tried to contact Ebay but after several hours I practically gave up trying. Can anyone help me here.?

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Can we help?

Yes.

You have no recourse through eBay. You let the seller string you along for too long. You are out of time - the seller's goal. You could try opening an item not as described case through Paypal (something you should have done through eBay - it's called the Money Back Guarantee), but you will probably have to pay the return postage.

Read up on the MBG! It is massively weighted to buyers. Your lack of understanding of it is down to you.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

First of all, start a new thread. Your issue has nothing to do with the OP’s problem four years ago.

Secondly, do the following homework:

1. Search for eBay’s Money Back Guarantee help page;

2. Read it — thoroughly;

3. Note the timeframe for opening an INAD dispute;

4. Realise that you wasted time endlessly contacting seller instead of opening dispute;

5. Kick yourself;

6. Promise yourself you’ll never ignore the MBG terms and conditions again;

7. Open new thread asking for advice, detailing whether or not you paid via PayPal, and whether you funded the purchase directly or indirectly by credit/debit card.

Then, and only then, will you be ready to hear what to do.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Follow the Countess' advice and be sure to open a case for Item Not as Described.

DO NOT open a case for Item not Received (because you only received 2 and not 4)

If you open a case for Item not Received, you will lose if the seller can prove delivery with tracking.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for that. Yes I was too silly to let the seller string me along but I am a trustworthy person (Unfortunately) and give anyone a go.

He kept on promising me that he was going to supply me with the rest of the goods or that he was going to check with his logistic department as I paid for 4 units and only received 2 of them and I was waiting for the promised goods to come.

Surely there has some trust left in this World or are we all crooks.? But surely Ebay should make sure that these people are not allowed to be selling on Ebay unless they are honest.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply