Redirected you to many times, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS,

There seems to be an issue with ebay when you try to view an item it comes up saying "This page isn't working, redirected you to many times, try clearing your cookies"

In face most people have done that over and over again fix your site please it's causing problems with sales and listings.

ebay to many redirects.PNG

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Redirected you to many times, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS,

I use Win 7, Chrome, Firefox and Opera. Way behind on Windoze updates. Haven't cleared anything out, including junk files, this year. I reboot when the computer slows down so much it reboots itself. I'm not having any issues either.

I do get the redirect message sometimes on Opera, but if I wait about 10 seconds, the page refreshes itself and the page I want appears. I think once I had to manually refresh. I've seen it on other pages than eBay, so I don't think it's necessarily eBay specific.

Is anyone having issues using a VPN?

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

kel_13
Community Member

wow glad im not the only one this has been driving me insane like everyone else i have cleared cookies using chrome and IE wow dont get me started on it lol i hope ebay fix this issue asap!

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

I have narrowed it down to their Feedback section update (at least for me) - As long as I don't leave feedback, everything works fine - as soon as I leave feedback, all items go back to ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I have been talking with ebay Australia on Facebook about the issue and given them video footage to prove it is occurring (as their current stance is " we are unable to replicate the issue" and thus it is not as issue

I have also provided them a link this thread.

I will report back any progress.

Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

" we are unable to replicate the issue" and thus it is not as issue"

so much for customer care then 😞

and yes, I am having the exact same issue as well.
Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

They have replied to my most recent message:

"Hi Steven, thanks for getting back to us. I apologize this has been so impactful for you. Tech issues are very complex, even if on the surface they seem like a simple fix. The programming behind telling a website how to perform the simplest of functions can be pages long. Don’t worry, this has been forwarded to our site engeniereeing team. They are currently working on resolcing this issue to ensure our customers are getting the bext experience. Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience and thanks for your understadning. Cheers."

Nice cut and paste...not holding my breath for a fix any time soon.

Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

I found this too,  Ebay US and UK work fine for me here in Aus, but Aus won't work .... I get the list of listings up and can't get the pages to open for each listing .... just get "too many redirects"

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

Yep, I'm getting pretty much the same problem with Firefox, clearing cache and cookies does not fix it, going into Privacy settings and ticking "Always use private browsing mode" does, but then none of my Login details are retained which makes it a pain to use.

The problem is ONLY happening on eBay, all other sites are fine.

Also notice that reporting a fault with eBay's site doesn't seem to be an option anywhere

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

jgscoupe
Community Member

SERIOUSLY **bleep** OFF WITH EBAY!!!

I will not show anything with this redirect problem.

Had enough of you eBay. **bleep** are you guys doing? This is 2017 not 2000. Pull your finger out.

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

I had the problem also.  Win 10 and Chrome.  I fixed the problem by resetting my browser.  Goto settings, advanced settings and select reset at the bottom of the page.

Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

great effort. at least the reset works for now. clearing cookies and everything else did nothing. win 10, chrome.

@jmarcollectables wrote:

I had the problem also.  Win 10 and Chrome.  I fixed the problem by resetting my browser.  Goto settings, advanced settings and select reset at the bottom of the page.

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply