Redirected you to many times, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS,

There seems to be an issue with ebay when you try to view an item it comes up saying "This page isn't working, redirected you to many times, try clearing your cookies"

In face most people have done that over and over again fix your site please it's causing problems with sales and listings.

ebay to many redirects.PNG

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: Redirected you to many times, ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS,

It will come back after a few days! Mine always does. I am refusing to use eBay now until this problem is fixed. 

Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

The problem appears to have been resolved for me now... the two ways I could force the error no longer do.... are other people still experiencing the issues after clearing cookies/cache etc?

Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

I have not cleared cookies and cache. I have not reset my browser or changed browsers. I haven't done a system restore. Nothing is broken for me. I'm loving it because I'm picking up some bargain auctions! I'm getting very little competition, so am often getting items for their start price. I know those items would normally get lots of bids.

Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

At the moment the problem seems to have disappeared for me without me doing anything which is pretty obvious that eBay has done something to fix the problem. eBay needs to have a SITE PROBLEMS link where all known issues are reported and being worked on so we all know what is going on. At the moment eBay has non-existent collective responsibility keeping us in the dark when there are site problems.

Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

Sorry but I am with Tippy.....I have not had to clear cookies and cache, do a systems restore, add an adblocker, change browsers....nothing at all.

And I have not had a problem apart from being unable to change my search from Best Match for a couple of days.

I am not saying there are no problems on the site, but not everyone is having them.

Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

well good for you, I was not suggesting everyone was having issues, but clearly many of us are and eBay are being total **bleep**s about it, but not acknoledging or explaing or hell doing anything about it.  My issues came back this evening and I have just had the stupidest customer service chat experience ever with them!  I have been on eBay since 2001, I am trying to get them to understand that their site isnt working for me....  it is not like I am having a small issue - the site doesn't work at home, at work, on multiple browsers.... the only way I can use it currently is on my phone! I have sent screenshots, videos, given them everything they have asked for and all I get is "this has been forwarded to our site engeniereeing team. They are currently working on resolving this issue to ensure our customers are getting the bext experience."

Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

However if it is not an issue for many, then it is possibly browser/ISP specific, rather than a blanket eBay issue.

Disclaimer: I'm in the Lyndal, Tippy camp.

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

It is not a browser/ISP or member's computer issue - IT IS eBAY stuff-assing around with their site. I've had the problem come and go without clearing cookies etc. Honestly, the days of people having to clear cookies/restart due to a single site problem went with the days of Windows98. eBay need to stop treating us like mushrooms and feeding us nothing but SH*T when it comes to being delinqent with site testing and changes. Only this morning I bring up My eBay and up comes the HUB which I DID NOT WANT months ago but someone in eBay has decided I have to have it before me whether I want it or not without any common courtesy of an explanation. It never ends!

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

Haven't been able to get into ebay for two days. Too many redirects message.!
Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

I get them logging onto the boards. Then wait a few seconds and the page loads.

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply