Saved Sellers new layout won't hold preferred view

Ebay loves to keep trying to ímprove' itself, as we know.  Today I find the new look page for Saved Sellers.  Instead of the single column, in alphabetical order down the page,   I find two columns in non alphabetical order, side by side .  They are all jumbled up.

At top right is an option feature :  Display by ... date added...or...alphabetically.

I click alphabetically, and they display the side by side names alphabetically progressing down the page.

Each time I look at one Saved Seller's items, click back button to go back to the list, what does it show every single time,  the date added routine !  Every single time.   They set up but produce numerous glitches.

I wonder who is designing these dumbed-down baby-style childishly-coded pages.     But mainly I wish they would fix the glitch that doesn't hold the preference of display-as.  Imagine if you have 50 saved sellers, each time you look at one, click go back, click again display by alphabetically named,  repeat repeat repeat ....   please ebay we all hope you read all our community posts, and fix the bloody mistakes that keep happening.    

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That layout is terrible. Not even an ad blocker's element hiding tool can fix that mess. And it appears to have rolled out on all the other sites: ebay.com, ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk, ebay.ie.

If you want to see your saved sellers in alpha order, you are better off using your feed page:

https://www.ebay.com.au/feed

Click on the number of saved sellers at the top to see a drop-down four column text list of your saved sellers. Right click on individual sellers names to open the seller's profile page in a new tab. Not the most elegant solution, but vastly preferable to the new saved seller page.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I only have 33 saved sellers, so it doesn't bother me. 

I don't look at all of them at the same time.

But why come here to complain - ebay doesn't read here - only other members.

At the top of that particular page there's - Tell us what you think

I would've thought that would be your first port of call?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

It was my first step.   Then, to community, technicical issues, to complain, just like everyone else does , some who even use it as  a social media platform to connect with others . . . . .    if others find the same, we may hear if they found a solution.,  I would have thought that thought might occur ?     never mind if it doesn't bother you.   It may bother others.  Thanks for your insight.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Hi I apologise for my post regarding this matter.  I should have read it before I made my question.  But I totally agree with you and I guess ebay don't give a monkey's that people like us ask these questions.  I also have a lot of sellers that I like to keep a list of and reading what you are saying I guess I am in for some 'fun' times.  I had better not use some words that pop into my head regarding ebay always changing stuff.  As I said 'it does my head in'  I have more important things to do rather than trying to figure out what ebay are up to. This is not the first issue regarding matters of ebay changing things about. Anyway thank you for your comments. At least I now know what to expect when looking at my sellers list.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

That layout is terrible. Not even an ad blocker's element hiding tool can fix that mess. And it appears to have rolled out on all the other sites: ebay.com, ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk, ebay.ie.

If you want to see your saved sellers in alpha order, you are better off using your feed page:

https://www.ebay.com.au/feed

Click on the number of saved sellers at the top to see a drop-down four column text list of your saved sellers. Right click on individual sellers names to open the seller's profile page in a new tab. Not the most elegant solution, but vastly preferable to the new saved seller page.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you for that but it still show me the 'notes' that I made regarding that seller. i.e. what I bought (sd card) or 'do not use' (won't refund me" etc etc.

It makes me so mad that ebay 'have' to keep changing things.  Things like 'watch list'  and how to 'compare' items.  I feel sorry for sellers who sell a lot and when they want to 'check' something etc it has all changed.  Not everybody uses ebay everyday - me being one of them - but when I do I like to be able to know that things havent changed and I am able to 'navigate' around.  PLUS trying to use this 'new look' community/discussion board and trying to get into replies etc I just find it impossible to 'check' things/replies out.  I have spent more time in the last 2 days trying to work this board out and am tearing my hair out.  I guess now I am going to be 'slammed' by somebody with my comments.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

To check on all your replies / posts, click on your avi - top right hand side of page - then click on  'My profile'

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

thank you for your help.  I didnt 'see' that tiny little 'icon' - 'avi' at the top.  I am usually afraid to click on anything in case I manage to stuff things up!  Then I cant work out what I did/didnt do.  I would still like to be able to add' notes' to my sellers - like you use to be able to do.  That way I can see very quickly whether I want to buy from that seller again.  I have had a few problems in the past and before I 'commit' to buy I like to be able to see if I had bought from them in the past.  If I had of known that ebay where going to 'change things yet again' I would have made a note and written down the info. I know I only have 59 'saved' sellers but it did help to see my notes.  I mean ebay have changed the discussion board layout and now trying to navigate around that is like a dogs breakfast! lol   It's ok for 'techies/young people' who know all this stuff by heart but as one gets older the marbles arent what they used to be. But anyway thank you for your time and showing me what to do to 'view' my replies/posts.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It's a complete failure as a layout and obviously designed by some tech that has never used "saved sellers". As a result I've deleted over half of my saved sellers and complained to the "tell us what you think" a couple of times - not that that is likely to result in them fixing the problem they've created.  true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

In your Saved Sellers list, at the right hand side of each seller, are 3 dots.

Click on those for a drop down menu - it has 'Save note to self'

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply