"confirm return button greyed out. I Cant submit a refund request

"confirm return" is greyed out"confirm return" is greyed out 

Is there a technical issue with returns on ebay, or some other reason this is happening?

I have more than one defective item  bought from different sellers. 

Yesterday I could place a return for  one item. But when I went back to start a second return for another item I cant get past the bit in the photo because the confirm return button is greyed out 

I use laptop computers. (I cannot use any other devices)

I have tried browsers google chrome and  mozilla firefox

I have tried using both of my laptops ( windows 7 and a windows 11 )

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: "confirm return button greyed out. I Cant submit a refund request

Not sure why, but are you opening disputes rather than return requests (ie: change of mind).

It's possible the second seller doesn't allow returns?

Anything that's defective should have the proper case opened (Item Not as Described).

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

how do i do that please, im not very tech savy , i cant see that when i go to my purchase history

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

sorry i misread i am trying to open a  return request , and selecting the reason item not as described 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

The screenshot has a very low resolution, but it looks like you haven't added details where it says "add details". Maybe you can try adding details and see if it works then?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I did add details.  The picture is a snip from my laptop, I dont use a mobile phone

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I'm afraid I can't see anything in that photo clearly enough to say

Is there a 'minimum number of characters' required when adding details?

Have you contacted eBay?

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Looking at what other people with the same problem said (in the USA, but the problem is the same)...

1. You have to add photos. You did add one. I cannot see the screenshot clearly. Maybe there is a minimum number of photos eBay requires to be uploaded?

2. Someone contacted eBay and they were told that their item arrived before the estimated delivery and they had to wait until the estimated delivery to start a return...

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

It worked this afternoon, now its doing the same thing again. Seems to be ebay placing  a waiting period between lodging one return and another

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

confirm return button greyed out ... even when adding the reason (not as described) and images. It was working a few days ago.

Had this problem in the past and it went on for weeks unresolved, so buying anything large from eBay is a dodgy business when a seller isn't complying with the legislation about providing a returns label if an item isn't as described, missing parts or damaged. Without activation of the confirm return button it is difficult. However, eBay sellers still have to comply with the legislation ... and pay for returns postage in such cases.

I may have to email the CEO of eBay (UK) in London if it isn't resolved, to lodge a formal complaint, and ask him to get one of his assistants to address the issue of the greyed out confirm return button.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply