Cancelled sale

Really just a question to learn others ideas.

I purchases an item (other account) a couple of weeks ago that was pick up only.  That was fine but seller was away & got back to me in a timely fashion to arrange collection.  It had been Best Offer and mine was accepted.  Seller contacted me and said would be near my address so would drop it in.,  All went well, dropped in. paid cash and I gave glowing feedback as they had made the effort for me.

Couple of days later there was a message in ebay that sale had been cancelled, did I get refund.  Today, a couple of weeks later similar message but it said "Buyer requested sale" be cancelled.  I ferlt a bit put out as I paid the asking price only a couple of $ more than what I offered.  The only reason I can think that she cancelled the sale would be to get back the Ebay fees.  Believe me it was not a lot.

Are sellers resorting to this so save fees.  The feedback I left her is still there.

Am I being over the top?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Cancelled sale

I would contact the seller if it was me and just ask . I am not sure if a seller can cancel a sale when it has been paid for and delivered.
It might be that her account has been hacked.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

1711jodyc -  as another posted said, ask the seller, not us.
What we all think will vary, is immatertial - in the end it would be all conjecture, as only seller knows for sure. The best ones to explain it to you.
And your point of saying "my f/back is still there" is?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@the4masters2013 wrote:
I would contact the seller if it was me and just ask . I am not sure if a seller can cancel a sale when it has been paid for and delivered.
It might be that her account has been hacked.

It was cash on pickup. If the seller didn't mark as paid or sent then the option to cancel would still be available.

It seems to me to be fairly obvious that the seller did it, not a hacker, and did it to avoid eBay fees. A hacker wouldn't have any incentive to cancel a sale, unless they also sold and were paid for the item.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for that!
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

That being the case, I'd tell ebay that I didn't get my refund.

That might teach them a lesson.

Or not

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It's one thing for the seller not too have a conscience but I think OP does so it may be hard for them to lie?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I agree with dave and if the option is there to accept or decline the cancellation, I would decline.

Or sometimes it will show as - Did you get your refund then close this case. Mark it as - No, I didn't get a refund.

image host
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

My point in saying "My feedback is still there"  Why should she get the benefit of my feedback if she chooses to cancel the order.  There is no mention of it on my purchase history.

I will cantact her and ask why but doubt I will get a reply.  It is not the way I was ever involved in trading.. 

I was asking opinions and do not see why I should be questioned.  TY for your input

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

It's a pretty risky practice if she deliberately did it to get her fees back. Ebay could pick up on and she could be in a lot of trouble.

Personally, I'd just let it go and ignore the email. Things will time out and won't affect the buyer. Let the seller worry about their own conscience. Maybe they've just been stung by ebay refunding a scam buyer and are trying to recoup some of the money. If that's the case you can't really blame them.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply