Counterfeit/Manipulation Policies

For the past couple of months I have had one particular listing removed or ended by ebay because they say it is counterfeit or I'm manipulating search results with a certain word in the title. I have been listing this item for at least 18 months and have had no problems then all of a sudden I'm getting messages for counterfeit or manipulating policy. For a start, the item is not counterfeit, and secondly, I have not manipulated search results. Every time this happens my sales drop dramatically. Coincidence?
When I do a search on this item, literally 100's of listings of the same item come up.   
Has this happened to anyone else? I have tried to do online chat and it's useless, they just follow the ebay line.

I don't know what to do. Can anyone give me information?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Counterfeit/Manipulation Policies

@hairkidsbeauty wrote:

Can anyone give me information?

Probably not, without knowing what the item is.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

The item is plain or pattern twilly scarves. The problem word is 'twilly' for manipulation policy.  Also, Van Gogh printed twilly scarves. There are literally hundreds of these listed.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

The item is plain or pattern twilly scarves. The problem word is 'twilly' for manipulation policy.  Also, Van Gogh printed twilly scarves. There are literally hundreds of these listed.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

If 'twilly' is the issue, is that because eBay bot relate twilly to the Hermรจs perfume ?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

It could be but there are literally hundreds of listings on ebay wth the word twilly.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Have you tried listing them without the "twilly" in the description ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Had a look at one of your sales  (Satin Twilly.....)

Heading indicates it is satin,  but  description states it is  Faux  Satin/Silk.

Description also indicates professional photos have been used, but the pics may show items that are not available in this listing?

Be careful, if you keep listing an item and ebay keep removing it, they are likely to shut you down completely.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

It doesn't matter about other listings, yours was targeted by the bots.

The word 'Twilly' is trademarked by Hermes.

TWILLY Trademark of HERMES INTERNATIONAL - Serial Number 78230088 - Alter

And ebay have a VERO programme

If a seller's listing or product was removed

Sellers who believe their listing or product was removed in error, can learn more about how eBay protects intellectual property (VeRO).

Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) policy | eBay

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply. I am aware I've been a target but I also have the problem that my sales dramatically decline to almost nothing when this has occurred. In the ten years on ebay I've never had this happen.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply