Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $1

heldal528
Community Member

I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches for $199 and if i didnt authorise it to phone a no.  I contacted my bank who advised it is a scam and definitely dont ring the no.

cheers

Helen

Message 1 of 60
Latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches fo

the_charm_place
Community Member
Message 21 of 60
Latest reply

Re: Scam advice - I just received an automated call supposedly from Ebay saying an ITunes purches fo

You would be better posting this warning on a thread that is actually about scams on the ebay site......not phone calls supposedly from ebay but are not.

Message 22 of 60
Latest reply

I just received the same voicemail message for the exact same amount ~ so I'm feeling more confident that it's a scam.  Glad I found yu post.  Thanks for sharing. 

Message 23 of 60
Latest reply

beldaw-72
Community Member
I had this one today and the number said it was a New Zealand.It said to press 2 if you do not authorize the debit but I was put on hold and decided to hang up.
Message 24 of 60
Latest reply

beldaw-72
Community Member
+64210487232 New Zealand scam number posing as EBay.
Message 25 of 60
Latest reply

2015-zder
Community Member
Just ignore it and hang up. Though it is tempting to return the call with a few choice words
Message 26 of 60
Latest reply

My wife hates me taking these calls....... Political correctness goes out the door... I question their colour, ethnicity, morals (and that of their wives/daughters/sisters/ etc).  After they eventuallly hang up, I push the red button on my call-screen device and block any future calls from that number.   Doesnt work on 'PRIVATE' numbers... but we are forewarned... and if nobody calls I dont have any fun.....

Message 27 of 60
Latest reply

@don_the_fisherman wrote:

My wife hates me taking these calls....... Political correctness goes out the door... I question their colour, ethnicity, morals (and that of their wives/daughters/sisters/ etc).  After they eventuallly hang up, I push the red button on my call-screen device and block any future calls from that number.   Doesnt work on 'PRIVATE' numbers... but we are forewarned... and if nobody calls I dont have any fun.....

But you have affirmed that your number is live. After they on-sell your details, the number calling won't be the same. Your fun is the scammer's profit.

I'm with your wife. She seems to be the reasonable one in the partnership. Maybe she should take away your internet privileges?

Message 28 of 60
Latest reply

I have had this same call 4 times this morning!

Message 29 of 60
Latest reply

I rang the number back and it was a sweet innocent girl who had no idea what I was talking about I took screenshots of the time the number called me she was shocked so they are using other people's numbers to hide there real caller I D
Message 30 of 60
Latest reply