Seller won’t send

qball28
Community Member

I brought some build the titanic magazine part works  from uk 🇬🇧 On 8th of January , and tracking says accepted by post office on 10 th and tracking number uploaded on 12th, been in transit for 2 weeks ( I thought it was because says in transit) I wanted to know where in journey it was ( because not updating) I emailed seller and he replied about Royal Mail not sending internationally even though it say in transit, it still in uk 😞, even though he could send it by another courier 🚚. EBay’s rules is should be sent and on it’s way in 2 or 3 days, but still there. What should I do? Should he send dhl express at his expense as it says it should be here by 30th of January 

View Entire Topic

@qball28 wrote:

Should he send dhl express at his expense as it says it should be here by 30th of January 

You cannot be serious.

The seller is under no obligation to send by an alternative expensive method AT HIS EXPENSE.

The EDD is just that: an estimated delivery date. The estimate is automatically generated by eBay. It’s not a guarantee. And when something beyond the control of the seller affects the timeframe, eBay has quite often stepped in with additional seller protections, for instance extending the timeframe, putting processes in abeyance. It was seen when COVID was blowing out delivery timeframes, when the various devastating floods wreaked havoc and affected sellers, and in other examples as well.

I realise you’re concerned and no doubt frustrated with waiting for your order to arrive. The only ones to blame for what’s happening at present with UK Royal Mail are Russian hackers, though - the criminals whose actions have resulted in the UK mail being crippled at the moment.

You say the seller has already handed over the parcel… Could he get it back? If so, and if you’d like the item quickly – AND it’s worth it to you – you could pay for the additional cost.