$25 for expedited shipping?

Can I please ask some advice without getting torn to shreds? Thanks.

I bought some items from a seller in China - yes, it's those 100 chains. He/She quotes Economy Delivery (ie Free Shipping) as 12 - 21 business days; Expedited Shipping (cost $25 USD) as 2 - 6 business days.

I paid the $25 extra to have expedited shipping. I sent him several messages prior to paying asking for a combined invoice with Expedited Shipping - he answered none of them. When I paid through PayPal I attached a note saying "please send all my items by expedited delivery and I paid the invoice including the $25 shipping.

I emailed the seller 29/08, to ask about the items saying:

I paid $25 for expedited delivery on these items. Your listing says 2-6 business days. You marked as posted on 22/12 - it's been 4 business days already. I hope they come on or before Friday because I need them urgently.

He sent me a message back:
i am very very sorry, i mad a mistake, i use free shipping for it, now i will refund USD 25 when you receive it. do you agree?

Why is he saying he will refund the $25 shipping after I receive the items? Shouldn't he refund the shipping immediately since he didn't use it?

And now for the $64,000 questions - should I leave him negative feedback? Now? After 22 days when I don't receive them? After I receive them?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, you should receive the refund immediately if the seller is going to do it at all.

Do not leave any feedback until the transaction is completed....how do you know what else is going to go wrong.

Message 2 of 54
Latest reply

Yes, as above, do not leave feedback until after you receive them.

Message 3 of 54
Latest reply

thank you for that.

But what if I do not receive them at all? At what stage should I leave negatives and at what stage should I open a PayPal not-received dispute?

Message 4 of 54
Latest reply

FB of any kind should be left when everything else has been finalised.  That is when the claim is over, you have your money or item.  It is quite possible the parcel will arrive and you will get your postage money back, then NEG would not be justified.

Message 5 of 54
Latest reply

thank you for that.

But what if I do not receive them at all? At what stage should I leave negatives and at what stage should I open a PayPal not-received dispute?

If the items are not received by day 43 (at the very latest but as early as 30 days given that the seller states 21 days for this type of shipping) open a Paypal dispute before the 45 day time limit. You then have another 20 days to escalate to a claim.

Feedback is never left until a transaction is over one way or the other, or just before 60 days if it's still dragging on, but hopefully it would not get to that stage.

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 6 of 54
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Items from China are taking up to a month...sometimes longer depending on where in China they are coming from.

I would not rush into a dispute...you do have 45 days so I would wait till about day 40.

Do not leave any feedback until the transaction is finalised....that means wait till a dispute is settled, but do be aware that you only have 60 days.

Rabbit, I know you do not to be torn to shreds, but you know enough about ebay and disputes to know all this. Why are you asking such basic questions?

Message 7 of 54
Latest reply

I sent him several messages prior to paying asking for a combined invoice with Expedited Shipping - he answered none of them. When I paid through PayPal I attached a note saying "please send all my items by expedited delivery and I paid the invoice including the $25 shipping.

They didn't respond to your messages and then you expected them to send by expedited shipping.  It would have been better to get a reply before buying.

sorry, that should have said:

They didn't respond to your messages and then you expected them to send by expedited shipping.  It would have been better to get a reply before paying.

They didn't respond to your messages and then you expected them to send by expedited shipping.  It would have been better to get a reply before paying.

Yep, sometimes we forget to ask the important questions before bidding or paying, though.

The OP is right that the seller should have refunded right away. I don't see the point of holding onto money that was not part of the transaction until the buyer receives the item. It's fraudulent and the OP can prove this.

Message 10 of 54
Latest reply