$25 for expedited shipping?

Can I please ask some advice without getting torn to shreds? Thanks.

I bought some items from a seller in China - yes, it's those 100 chains. He/She quotes Economy Delivery (ie Free Shipping) as 12 - 21 business days; Expedited Shipping (cost $25 USD) as 2 - 6 business days.

I paid the $25 extra to have expedited shipping. I sent him several messages prior to paying asking for a combined invoice with Expedited Shipping - he answered none of them. When I paid through PayPal I attached a note saying "please send all my items by expedited delivery and I paid the invoice including the $25 shipping.

I emailed the seller 29/08, to ask about the items saying:

I paid $25 for expedited delivery on these items. Your listing says 2-6 business days. You marked as posted on 22/12 - it's been 4 business days already. I hope they come on or before Friday because I need them urgently.

He sent me a message back:
i am very very sorry, i mad a mistake, i use free shipping for it, now i will refund USD 25 when you receive it. do you agree?

Why is he saying he will refund the $25 shipping after I receive the items? Shouldn't he refund the shipping immediately since he didn't use it?

And now for the $64,000 questions - should I leave him negative feedback? Now? After 22 days when I don't receive them? After I receive them?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

I didn't at any stage suggest that you do need a lesson in english., but I do thank you for your post. It is the first time I have seen the written word so eloquently put for such a long time. Did you compose it? More! More!:-x

Nah, I only sell on eBay so I can keep a team of otherwise unemployed writers in wine and Malboros as payment for writing my posts and occasionally making me look like I have some semblance of intellect. They get Holidays and Fruity Lexia if/when they make me look like an idiot.

I know I was stating the obvious, but it just seemed necessary at the time. I'm a descriptivist; as such I prefer to look at how language can be used rather than how it "should" be used.

This post cost me a baker's dozen Winnie Blues and a half-empty glass of scotch. Highway robbery! X-(

Message 21 of 54
Latest reply

I do love to see / hear the English language written / spoken well.

I am not referring here to the snobbish, plumb-in-mouth type speach that some put on, nor to the unneccessary use of superfluous embellishment. Just the simpler things like using the phrase: 'the better of the two' when comparing two items.

My pet hate is seeing the meaning of words corrupted over time eg 'decimated' used to mean one in ten, but now it is used, mostly by the media when describing an accident or earth quake: 'the population was decimated' which could mean anything from 'there were 5 deaths' to 'the place has been wiped off the face of the earth'.

Thanks again. I don't think I have ever been so excited about being told off.;-)

Message 22 of 54
Latest reply

Thanks again. I don't think I have ever been so excited about being told off

(coffee splatter on screen)

Message 23 of 54
Latest reply

Wait...this is starting to get into a rather Grey area.

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Message 24 of 54
Latest reply

Well, that stuff aside, etymology is extremely fascinating (I actually do get a kick out of knowing things like the word apocalypse originally referred to a revelation rather than destruction), but I like the way language changes through use. To a degree, anyway, I'm not much one for 'txt spk' and the like, but my favourite thing about language is the fact that it's organic.

Since all this is way off-topic, though, I'll leave it there.

Message 25 of 54
Latest reply

Your comment was FUNNY rabbit-you know like HUMOROUS??? ie 'is the tendency of particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement'.

Message 26 of 54
Latest reply

My pet hate is seeing the meaning of words corrupted over time eg 'decimated' used to mean one in ten, but now it is used, mostly by the media when describing an accident or earth quake: 'the population was decimated' which could mean anything from 'there were 5 deaths' to 'the place has been wiped off the face of the earth'.

That is what happened right through history.  Many words we are using now had totally different meaning 500 years ago.  Often the opposite.  Even in the past 30 or so years, words that were absolutely unacceptable are now used on daily basis.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 27 of 54
Latest reply

Seriously rabbit if you have a problem with the posters here and you want to communicate with only one or two others then a private group would be ideal for you.

You would be able to invite only those posters you trust and are comfortable with and we won't be able to see what you are doing therefore won't be able to take the micky out of you.

As most here think the worst about your purchase of 100 chains from China and you clearly want to make sure some posters know where the purchase is at then a private group would have to be your best option.

Message 28 of 54
Latest reply

Why? Why is he so keen to refund more than is due to me? He's already refunded the $25 expedited shipping. Have one of you nice people messaged this guy? I wouldn't put it past some of you - like when you contacted the Australian seller that I bought the single chain from and I KNOW you did.

Maybe he is worried about getting negative feedback.

Message 29 of 54
Latest reply

Just because you are paranoid it doesn't mean we aren't out to get you :^O

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 30 of 54
Latest reply