$25 for expedited shipping?

Can I please ask some advice without getting torn to shreds? Thanks.

I bought some items from a seller in China - yes, it's those 100 chains. He/She quotes Economy Delivery (ie Free Shipping) as 12 - 21 business days; Expedited Shipping (cost $25 USD) as 2 - 6 business days.

I paid the $25 extra to have expedited shipping. I sent him several messages prior to paying asking for a combined invoice with Expedited Shipping - he answered none of them. When I paid through PayPal I attached a note saying "please send all my items by expedited delivery and I paid the invoice including the $25 shipping.

I emailed the seller 29/08, to ask about the items saying:

I paid $25 for expedited delivery on these items. Your listing says 2-6 business days. You marked as posted on 22/12 - it's been 4 business days already. I hope they come on or before Friday because I need them urgently.

He sent me a message back:
i am very very sorry, i mad a mistake, i use free shipping for it, now i will refund USD 25 when you receive it. do you agree?

Why is he saying he will refund the $25 shipping after I receive the items? Shouldn't he refund the shipping immediately since he didn't use it?

And now for the $64,000 questions - should I leave him negative feedback? Now? After 22 days when I don't receive them? After I receive them?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

I thought that since I put the message AGAIN on the PayPal payment that they MUST see it and realize that I had paid for expedited delivery anyway.

Anyway, I will do what has been advised. I will wait as long as is possible for the arrival. If at that stage they have not arrived I will open a case for not-received.

It's just that, as I explained, these chains were for a very special purpose. I am disappointed for that reason more than any other.

As far as waiting for them to reply before I paid. I kept getting emails from eBay to "please pay now". I contacted eBay by email and got a response that advised that I pay and leave the seller a message re delivery. I did that.

Message 11 of 54
Latest reply

Sorry but I don't think the seller's promise of a refund in the future is acceptable and if I had paid extra because I wanted them fast I would not give them a month to arrive.

I would give it three weeks max and then open a dispute and escalate a week later.

If they arrived after I got my refund I would repay less the twenty five bucks!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 54
Latest reply

I have sent a message to the seller saying:

"Please refund the $25 USD that I paid for expedited shipping ".

we'll see what he does??

Message 13 of 54
Latest reply

And now for the $64,000 questions - should I leave him negative feedback? Now? After 22 days when I don't receive them? After I receive them?

I may have missed something, but didn't you buy them so you could find they were fake and neg him anyway? Looks like you got your wish, too bad you can't neg him for more than one infringement huh?? And why in god's name would you pay an extra $25.00 in the first place to get them here quicker, ..rabbit - IMO you have more dollars than cents

Yes, you certainly DID MISS SOMETHING. As I said in the other thread, these chains have nothing to do with feedback, reporting sellers, reporting items or anything else. They were for a very special purpose. My motive in buying these chains is completely above reproach and it would have become clear if the items had arrived in a timely manner.

I paid $25 extra to get them here quickly because I had an urgent need for them.  Because they are not here, the urgent need has almost disappeared.

Message 14 of 54
Latest reply

This seller just refunded my $25 that I paid for expedited delivery.

I guess only time will tell if the items turn up at all.

Message 15 of 54
Latest reply

If I didn't know better, I'd say you appear almost disappointed that he refunded your $25. B-)

And just how can you tell that? Is it my accent? My spelling?

I am disappointed that I will not get the items in 2-6 business days though.

Before anyone asks, I put the note up here to inform a couple of friends who will be watching this thread, but not posting. And, Yes. Believe it or not, I do have friends on here.

Message 16 of 54
Latest reply

typan12 wrote:"I am vehemently humbled from your loquaciousness and feel I need to acquiescent to your superior intellect and wisdom."

Sorry, no prize for 2nd. If you are going to use big words, at least study up on what they mean and the context in which they can be used. How long did it take you to look up those words? And who taught you to put them together in that manner?

Let's take 'vehently humbled'.
vehemently - characterized by rancor or anger; violent: vehement hostility; strongly emotional; intense or passionate: vehement desire.marked by great energy or exertion; strenuous: vehement clapping.

I would think that the phrase 'vehemently humbled' is not quite what you were looking for. You can be 'vehemently opposed to something'. You can be 'vehemently hostile', but I don't think you can be 'vehemently humbled'. That's a little like saying 'violently humbled' or 'strongly humbled' - you see how it clashes? Another example: 'I was vehemently in love' - doesn't quite carry does it?

Now, your phrase 'and feel I need to acquiescent to your superior intellect and wisdom.'

acquiescent - Disposed or willing to acquiesce

In the context of your sentence it would be more correct to use either:

'need to acquiese to your superior intellect'

or even

'need to be acquiescent to your superior intellect'.

No, don't thank me. It's my pleasure.

Now, who are you?

Message 17 of 54
Latest reply

Nope. Sorry.

Humble

1. Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.2. Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.3. Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.

Vehement

Definition:passionate, opinionated Synonyms: angry, ardent, concentrated, delirious, desperate, eager, earnest, emphatic, enthusiastic, exquisite, fervent, fervid, fierce, fiery, forceful, forcible, frantic, furious, hearty, heated, hopped up, hot*, hyper, impassioned, impetuous, inflamed, intense, lively, on the make, potent, powerful, pronounced, rabid, strong, terrible, vicious, violent, wild, zealous

Vehemently and humbled. The two words are in direct opposition to each other ie opposite ends of the spectrum of emotion.

One cannot be 'powerfully meek', 'angrily meek', 'emphatically submissive', 'fiercely humble', 'violently submissive', 'viciously gentle', 'forcefully meek', or 'fervidly modest'.

Shakespeare's 'horribly in love' is poetic licence. You can be 'horribly or even terribly in love', but, those words in that context have totally different meanings to 'terribly disfigured' or 'horribly burnt' don't they?

Anyway, lesson over. The only reason I made comment at all was because I find it totally superfluous to 'show off' with them thar big words on a site such as this. I am sure there are several on this site who could, if they so desired, use many more words that are not used in general conversation.

Message 18 of 54
Latest reply

One can be eagerly meek, and earnestly humbled. You can pick and choose which synonym pairs suit you, but you've still put up a few that contradict you.

I'm not going to get into a war of words here, but people other than Shakespeare are allowed poetic license. Aside from that, though, you need to look at the context of the phrase, not just isolate two words and say they can't be used together because you think that individually, they're diametrically opposed.

"Vehemently" immediately exaggerates "humbled" to a point where it could quite possibly denote sarcasm, or make obvious an unwillingness to adopt a milder disposition. For example, while the post in which the phrase was used contained several statements which deferred to you, those two words made clear it was at the very least superficial and begrudging, if not outright sarcastic.

In other words, two words being in direct opposition to one another is often precisely why they're chosen, since, as you say, the same words in different contexts contain their own nuances that alter their overall meaning, or at the very least their selection succinctly denotes the author's intention and/or disposition.

I don't need a lesson, but thanks all the same.

Message 19 of 54
Latest reply

One can be eagerly meek, and earnestly humbled. You can pick and choose which synonym pairs suit you, but you've still put up a few that contradict you.

I'm not going to get into a war of words here, but people other than Shakespeare are allowed poetic license. Aside from that, though, you need to look at the context of the phrase, not just isolate two words and say they can't be used together because you think that individually, they're diametrically opposed.

"Vehemently" immediately exaggerates "humbled" to a point where it could quite possibly denote sarcasm, or make obvious an unwillingness to adopt a milder disposition. For example, while the post in which the phrase was used contained several statements which deferred to you, those two words made clear it was at the very least superficial and begrudging, if not outright sarcastic.

In other words, two words being in direct opposition to one another is often precisely why they're chosen, since, as you say, the same words in different contexts contain their own nuances that alter their overall meaning, or at the very least their selection succinctly denotes the author's intention and/or disposition.

I don't need a lesson, but thanks all the same.

I didn't at any stage suggest that you do need a lesson in english., but I do thank you for your post. It is the first time I have seen the written word so eloquently put for such a long time. Did you compose it? More! More!:-x

"it was at the very least superficial and begrudging, if not outright sarcastic."

well, bugga me! You mean he/she was being cheeky? I'm off to read my dictionary.

Message 20 of 54
Latest reply