Always a Buyer....and never a Seller be

So eBay thinks it is time I started selling something.  I get these messages every so often...and I delete them.

Anyone else out there who never wants to take up selling?

I should explain that I have mobility problems (which right now have been worse than usual) but suffice it to say that for starters, with all eBay's rules about sellers responding quickly to sales, I'd be soon regulated back to buyer only status in no time....thank goodness.

Let me put it this way, just getting to the post office, let alone struggling with parcels, has ensured I try to only buy stuff from sellers who don't insist on registered post (in case I miss the delivery and get carded), but are OK with ATL/safe drops.  The thought of trying to take parcels to the post office on a regular basis is stress I don't need.

When we can use drones to send parcels...or even better beam them directly to buyers, then eBay might (and I repeat MIGHT) be able to talk me into it. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Always a Buyer....and never a Seller be

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

Fall on deaf ears absolutely lol.

I have been suspended for the past 2 years but every day I get these messages that my buyers are waiting for me to sell something.

So when I decide to sell something I get a Sorry but your account has been restricted.

I know it has and ebay knows it has so why barrage me with these messages lol.

I'm all for playing games but come on ebay stop it hahaha.

I guess  you have to wait for the message that reads...

COME BACK.... YOUR BUYERS MISS YOU SORRY, WE MEAN.....ALL IS FORGIVEN!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

I have sporadic mobility issues & prefer to stay home for that & other reasons. I do find selling on Ebay useful to get me out of the house; Even if only for a trip to the Post Office. I sell to fund what I buy; & also to clear out unwanted items from my home. I just extend my postage time to allow for my own foibles.

Further to a post above by BlueBudgies; My Aussie friend of Scots birth moved back to Scotland some years back. While she was alive she'd pick up bits of Caithness glass & etc @ carboot or rummage sales  very cheaply - post them to me, & I'd sell them @ a profit here - splitting the proceeds. She lived right near where the stuff was made; So it had no intrisic value to the locals, but very popular here!

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

How marvellous to get Caithness glass at a bargain price (let alone selling at a profit if you weren't tempted to keep it).

I bought my mother a Caithness glass paperweight and while it was a reasonable price for the quality item it is, the shipping (from overseas and now that I recall, it was by courier) was appalling.  It still makes me wince at the memory. 

It was also the first item I'd bought on eBay that was sent by courier...which meant that by the time it got to me (or almost - I wasn't home for the delivery) it was a sub contractor who do not redeliver and I had to drive 10km out to an industrial area to collect it (time off work - they didn't open on weekends) plus it took them ages to find it, and I had to limp back to my car to sit down as they had no waiting area.  Never again!

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Yep! Gotta love Caithness paperweights & small vases! I had a large collection just gathering dust, which gave my late friend & I the idea of finding Caithness pieces cheaply in Scotland.

She went for a holiday prior to moving back there; Bringing me back in her luggage heaps of lovely items that cost around 50 pence or so per item when purchased locally. Small enough to make cheap parcels when she relocated prior to passing away. Sadly no Caithness here now except a swirly pink perfume atomiser that I keep in memory of my late friend. It cost her a whopping 8 pounds UK money to buy & is totally unused with all tags on it! It is certainly a beautiful item!

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

So I'm waiting for a reply to a postage query I sent to an overseas seller a couple of days ago and at last I see there's something in Messages.  Great.  Now I'll find out how much it is and hopefully can buy the item.

No such luck.

It's eBay....offering me a voucher or something if only I'd start selling.  Grrrrrrr !!!

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

My dormant account normally gets hammered to start selling. Lately it's been my main account. I keep getting emails inviting me to start selling and offering me 3 fee free listings.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I wish eBay would focus on other stuff and accept that not all buyers want to be sellers.

In the meantime I still haven't heard from the overseas seller re postage.  Here's the problem.  I want to buy two (identical) items.  His postage info says X amount for first item and 1.00 for each additional item.  Great.  Unfortunately there's also a note on the postage page about a special eBay rate of 50p for each additional item.  OK the difference is only 50p but when I put the items in the cart up came in the 50p so the postage was in my favour.  I don't care if it's an extra 50p or a whole pound.....but some sellers do and I don't want to get this one offside.  The items are a bargain and I could lose out waiting for a reply, so it is most frustrating.  Sigh.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Is it possible that the discount is an ebay discount and the seller will actually get the full amount of the postage?

He possibly has no idea what you are talking about.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I don't know.  I'm not a seller so the mysteries of discounts (and I notice there have been a lot lately, though not necessarily on postage) are a puzzle to me.  I always wonder if I should buy now or wait and see if it gets even better.  Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.  Thank goodness the discounts on items I am interested in are often of small amounts or change by only a few percent. Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply