Am I being unfair? Seller has sent SIX requests to reverse neutral feedback.

Hi Folk
In a nut shell: I ordered 4 items from an o'seas seller, 2 items on May 24th and and identical order in mid June.

Both items are small, & light. (a sheet of stickers & a luminous straw) 

With BOTH orders the stickers came, but the second item (the straws) must have been posted in a separate envelope as they didn't arrive. I left positive feedback for the stickers & waiting patiently for the second item. The buyer initiated contact with me, asking if I had received the straw. I said 'no' & he stated it had been returned to them because of "customs problems". He offered to refund or re-send. I accepted a refund for the May 'straw' and said I would wait longer for the June 'straw' to see if it arrived. It eventually came & I left positive feedback. I then left neutral feedback for the 'missing straw' (My comment was:Item didn't arrive due to 'shipping problems'. Seller willing to refund.)

The seller sent me a message which contained: 

"Also it would be nice of you to give us positive feedback and all of 5 stars after you receive the money.
You know your kind support really means a lot to us,if you don't like, you can ignore this feedback instead of negative or any low DSR."

After a 2nd request, buttering me up saying how nice I was etc, I replied:
"I think I left neutral feedback didn't I? Yes I am a nice person but I am an honest person and so i didn't leave negative feedback I don't think but probably left neutral feedback because the item never arrived and so I didn't think it warranted a "positive" feedback."

In reply to their 3rd request I said:
"No, I think the neutral feedback is fair. The item never arrived, so I didn't have a 'positive' experience in this instance. I am not willing to change it. sorry. "

In reply to their 4th & 5th requests I have said:
I'm sorry, I won't be changing my mind.Please stop contacting me about this issue. Thanks :)"

I've just received a 6th request. I;m not sure what to do now! They are pleading with me to change it:

no , my friend 
i really need you help 
we have refund the money to you 
and the product has shopped out , it just has lost or delays on the way 
we have lost too much 
and the neutral feedback will hurt our selling 
would you mind do me the favor , if yes , we will send the request link to you 
thank you for your understanding and support 
have a nice da y
thank you

This buyer's stats are 97.6% rating, with 314 "REVISED FEEDBACK" where buyers have revised neutral or neg feedback for them. They've had 3 name changes since being a member. (Not sure if that is significant?) Member since 07-Jan-15.

Am I being unfair? I usually give positive feedback in 95-98% of cases, but I do leave a few neutral feedbacks when I feel it's warranted, and the very odd negative, which as a buyer I believe is my right, otherwise why have a feedback system?!  I have only just started reading the forums in the past few days and didn't realise until last night that a neutral or negative feedback acts like a 'demerit' against the seller. However I stand by the decisions I have made in the past to contact sellers when an item arrives damaged or isn't working etc. I sometimes open a 'return' case usually just contact them direct and alsert them to the fact the item is defective etc..

Opinions please. 

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Am I being unfair? Seller has sent SIX requests to reverse neutral feedback.

fair enough, I've been involved in a number of different forums & message boards over the years and I know exactly what you mean - some people 'just don't get it' and no amount of explaining, patient or otherwise, will get through to them! I've been a moderator on a recycling type forum for several years and have had to deal with lots of curly issues and to respond with tact & diplomacy, OR with politley worded rebukes and have learnt there's 3 sides to every story/situation - yours, mine & the truth! LOL!

Thanks again!

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

Re: Am I being unfair? Seller has sent SIX requests to reverse neutral feedback.

Someone with a conscience, and common sense. What a refreshing change for this forum! There should be more like you.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

Smiley Embarassed Thank you.

They've been trying to clone me but without much success! LOL! 

*Humbly bows, and surreptitiously give halo and extra polish!*

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply