Any one else got the email for a $10 voucher if you use the ebay mobile app?

After I got the email I bought something on the ebay mobile app using a paypal account with the same email, but I havn't got an email with the $10 voucher.

Any one else got the email and received their voucher?

Terms and conditions for the promotion...

http://pages2.ebay.com.au/Buyer_coupons/Buyer_Mobile_September

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Any one else got the email for a $10 voucher if you use the ebay mobile app?

Finally success!  I contacted ebay again this morning through their 1800 number, and have now been informed that.......wait for it....... hahaha,  THIS EMAIL IS INDEED GENUINE Smiley LOL

I rang in warrior mode, maybe that helped. 

I told them that no way was in fake or spam as every clickable item or link in this email took me direct to ebay Australia, also pointed out that it was a promotional email and that there is no copies kept in my ebay messages of these.

And I told them, if it was spam or fake as they implied the other day, then they had compromised my safety with giving out my personal email, my full name and my ebay id, as well as other members as well and if that was the case I would be closing my account with ebay.  I would have too if that was the case.

But no, the lady assured and promised me the email is a genuine offer, and that I would receive a voucher to use on the specified date, which was between September 21 and October 1 on the initial email, but in the terms and conditions it says the 25th September and 1st October.....this needs clarifying by ebay.

I was also told to keep a copy of the invitation to participate in case I did not receive a voucher....Smiley Surprised

If that was the case that I did not receive a voucher then I believe they will send out a voucher anyway if I contact them.

I also asked that they post an announcement on our Boards in Australia to let other members know what is going on with this Mobile Voucher, if only to assure members that their account details have not been compromised, and also to let others know that they should be receiving their vouchers in time for the promotion.  I sincerely hope that happens. 

Please every one that partipated in this promotion, keep this promotional email in your personal emails for verification. 

Time will tell what happens closer to the 21st or 25th September.

Message 31 of 71
Latest reply

Re: Any one else got the email for a $10 voucher if you use the ebay mobile app?

Well done Kimmi and good on you for persevering with ebay until you finally got the answer you wanted. 🙂

Having said that, and whilst I thank ebay for the $10 discount which I have already received, I also think that this promotion has been carried out in an extremely unprofessional manner, particularly when ebay themselves initially denied the very existence of these emails and called them fakes.

Somebody needs to send ebay management their spare copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People".
Message 32 of 71
Latest reply

Ebay must be feeling generous all of a sudden. I  just received a genuine eBay email offer of 10%  off any item to use on ebay.com.au, offer ends 24 Sept. 2013. Well, if I only spend $50, thats only $5, but if you spend $500 on any item, it's $50. They must be feeling guilty, as this is the first time they have ever offered me a voucher code to receive a discount. 

Message 33 of 71
Latest reply

Meanwhile my email remains empty...

Message 34 of 71
Latest reply

I complained to eBay, twice by email, regarding no $10 voucher, no replies. However, then I complained on eBay live chat, they said that it would be looked into and around 5 days after this, eBay sent me the 10% discount voucher.

Message 35 of 71
Latest reply

Certainly sounds like a pacifier to me, as the other two promotions merely offer $10 discounts on sales over $50, whereas yours is far more useful if it offers a 10% discount off any purchase on excess of $50.
Message 36 of 71
Latest reply

I never got an email about the promotion, but I just noticed I have a link to a coupon offer in the dropdown menu for My eBay (not this ID, though). Mine is valid from the 18th to 24th, on purchases of $50 or more (including postage). 

ebay offer.png

Edit: BTW, I also have the trial version of the Aussie cart on that (my dedicated selling) ID. Smiley LOL

Message 37 of 71
Latest reply

I don't have that, most likely because my paypal email was different to my ebay email when I made the mobile app purchase. But I did get my sister to buy using the mobile app also, so I will check with her.

Message 38 of 71
Latest reply

Looks like my sister received a 10% off voucher and not a $10 off voucher, I clicked on the voucher and read the terms and conditions but the 10% voucher isn't related to this mobile app promotion. The first line in the t&c says the voucher is available to select ebay members and doesn't mention using the mobile app.

Message 39 of 71
Latest reply

From eBay Live Support...

June Marie P. :  We have received updates that the site is experiencing a few technical issues with the Terms and Conditions of the vouchers. 

June Marie P. :  Basically the voucher is not yet supposed to take effect, this is the reason why there has been technical issues about the promotion. However, our Tecnical Team is now working on resolving the matter. 

June Marie P. :  Herman, please accept my apologies on behalf of eBay for any inconvenience this has caused. Rest assured this is now being looked into.

hman545 :  So once fixed the vouchers will be emailed to us?

June Marie P. :  Yes, all the members that has been qualified to avail for the voucher will be notified as soon as the issue is fixed.

Message 40 of 71
Latest reply