Aust post UNDERWOOD Qld holds for days

Anyone know more about why does UNDERWOOD Qld aussie post sorting facility hold parcels for days and days?..My AP tracker is saying item been at this place since monday which is now 5 days.

Is this the normal thing that happens?Seems a long time to me..

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Aust post UNDERWOOD Qld holds for days

@4green2000 wrote:

@frank_fernandes wrote:
Me too, my parcel have been there for 4 days and is the third time it happens, Australia post is a disgrace and the Underwood distribution a disgrace squared !

Whatever I can choose delivery option Australia Post would be the one not to choose !

totally agree. i have a parcel that's been sitting at  Australia post underwood qld mail sorting centre since the 7th of june and now its the 19th..sitting there doing nothing just like the facility itself..3 phone calls yesterday and no one picked up...a disgrace alright..

ill be ringing PIO today, ( Postal Industry Ombudsman) and i encourage anyone with the same issue to do the same.!!
Message 71 of 81
Latest reply

I really don’t know what else you can do other than to suggest that if you have a good relationship at your local PO, go there, tracking number in hand and ask them to investigate for you.

Underwood is our local distribution centre. We’ve been selling online (and buying) for about 18 years, not without the odd issue, but i must say very few. They and our local have always been very helpful with us and just recently went out of their way to intercept a parcel for us.

Go to, or go back to your PO and explain the issues. Remember, it’s all in the approach.

Melina.

Message 72 of 81
Latest reply

underwood qld sorting centre had the parcel since the 7th june and looks like the tracking is now showing delivery is today the 21st..is this exeptable ? not in my books.

Message 73 of 81
Latest reply

yet another. underwood qld been holding one of my parcels since monday and now its friday and still there..that sorting centre needs a shake up.

Message 74 of 81
Latest reply

YAY...underwood qld sorting centre only held my parcel for 8 days...delivery today...YAY...sar.png

Message 75 of 81
Latest reply

ytwo000
Community Member

@4myson2003 wrote:

Anyone know more about why does UNDERWOOD Qld aussie post sorting facility hold parcels for days and days?..My AP tracker is saying item been at this place since monday which is now 5 days.

Is this the normal thing that happens?Seems a long time to me..

Yes i realise this post goes back to 2014. Nothing has changed with Underwood Qld mail sorting centre. I have parcels that have been sitting there for 5 business days so far.

4 years and nothing has changed..disgraceful IMO...

Message 76 of 81
Latest reply

I have had parcels get stuck at Chullora and Penrith a few times. I got in touch with AP via their Facebook page and also the help pages (to open a dispute). Doing that got a person to go and intercept the parcels and send them on their way. Normally it's all automated, so unless you get in touch with them, it will either continue to go around in circles, or could even get lost.

Message 77 of 81
Latest reply

I purchased an item from a seller in NSW and I'm in NSW but the first point of contact the parcel is now in QUEENSLAND what the fudge lol is going on here haha.

I was due to receive it tomorrow lol.

Message 78 of 81
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I purchased an item from a seller in NSW and I'm in NSW but the first point of contact the parcel is now in QUEENSLAND what the fudge lol is going on here haha.

I was due to receive it tomorrow lol.

I asked AP ages ago why a parcel going from NSW to Qld would go via Sunshine West. Their watery answer was that Chullora was probably overloaded with parcels, so they go to the next automated centre that's not clogged. Sounded like a cop out to me, but that was their excuse and they're sticking to it.

Message 79 of 81
Latest reply

And by the time it gets down to Melbourne, Chullora would be unclogged.

I had a parcel coming from Newcastle to Canberra the other week. Posted on Tuesday and showing in Brisbane on Friday. Even though it wasn't technically overdue, I opened a case on the Sunday. It arrived on Monday morning. Obviously opening the case didn't expedite delivery, but it did give me a delivery notification. But no answer to my question of why it had gone to Brisbane in the first place.

Message 80 of 81
Latest reply