Aust post UNDERWOOD Qld holds for days

Anyone know more about why does UNDERWOOD Qld aussie post sorting facility hold parcels for days and days?..My AP tracker is saying item been at this place since monday which is now 5 days.

Is this the normal thing that happens?Seems a long time to me..

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

cq_tech
Community Member
Underwood is one of my local DCs and if your item has been sitting there for 5 days the something is very wrong. Suggest you give them a ring and ask exactly what the hell is going on with your item. Sounds to me as if it may have been temporarily misplaced as it should have been scanned on board for delivery within 24 hours of its having arrived there.
Message 2 of 81
Latest reply

A lot of QLD sorting depots (especially Underwood) are experiencing tech problems ATM as far as I know.

Go to the AP site or phone them and you can let your buyer know why the item is to be delayed.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 81
Latest reply

There was another thread mentioning relocation or reorganization of Qld postal ditribution centres at the moment.

image host
Message 4 of 81
Latest reply

My DC too - it depends on where your parcel is going - for example, I have one parcel that was at Underwood on 24 Nov and it was at the next sorting centre in NSW on 25

but my other parcel at Underwood on 17 Nov had to go to Darwin - and did not appear on tracking again until it reached the NT on 24 Nov

so I imagine your parcel is not at Underwood now, it is trekking its way  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 81
Latest reply

It's not just Qld centres. They're having major problems at the recently upgraded high-tech centres in Melbourne and Sydney as well. Parcels are being sent to the wrong states or taking 5 days to get from one metro suburb to another.

Message 6 of 81
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

My DC too - it depends on where your parcel is going - for example, I have one parcel that was at Underwood on 24 Nov and it was at the next sorting centre in NSW on 25

but my other parcel at Underwood on 17 Nov had to go to Darwin - and did not appear on tracking again until it reached the NT on 24 Nov

so I imagine your parcel is not at Underwood now, it is trekking its way  Smiley Happy

Underwood to Cairns..In the past its only taken 2 business day from these places.

Message 7 of 81
Latest reply

It may already be in Cairns but somehow missed its scanning event when it arrived, which although not a common occurrence, still occasionally happens. I just find it very hard to believe that after 5 days it would still be sitting at Underwood DC, that's all.
Message 8 of 81
Latest reply

Problem is, it will continue to say that until the parcel has its next scanning event, which will probably be when it's put on-board with the driver for delivery (assuming it missed being scanned into Cairns DC).
Message 9 of 81
Latest reply

I have had this issue a couple of times with Underwood but when I have contacted my customers they have already received their parcel despite tracking not recording this.

I send all items with signature on delivery so I am not getting the service I am paying for.  I called Australia Post and all they could say was that they would investigate the situation.  I received a call a week later to basically tell me they couldn't  give me an answer as to why the items had no further scans and could I call my customers to ask them if they had received their parcels?!!  As I said, I had already done this.

I'm just thankful my customers were honest.  It would have been an ideal opportunity for  a less honest person to say they hadn't received the item and put in a claim.

Maybe the parcel/s have already been delivered but haven't been scanned?  

Good luckSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 81
Latest reply