Aust post UNDERWOOD Qld holds for days

Anyone know more about why does UNDERWOOD Qld aussie post sorting facility hold parcels for days and days?..My AP tracker is saying item been at this place since monday which is now 5 days.

Is this the normal thing that happens?Seems a long time to me..

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Did you ever track any of the items that went missing?

When you go to the tracking page for Registered mail there are 4 highlighted features of the service, including the $100 compensation for lost or damaged mail.

It was never easy to prove a claim for damage as AP always tried to wriggle out of it by saying it was not well enough packed.but missing mail was much easier if/when AP could not find it.   It should have been automatic when AP said they could not find it.

Message 21 of 81
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

When you go to the tracking page for Registered mail there are 4 highlighted features of the service, including the $100 compensation for lost or damaged mail.

It was never easy to prove a claim for damage as AP always tried to wriggle out of it by saying it was not well enough packed.but missing mail was much easier if/when AP could not find it.   It should have been automatic when AP said they could not find it.

Lol, they don't call me bat eyes for nothing apparently.  Yes, I did track the items that went missing as I do most of my Registered items, so if I notice a package sitting at a PO waiting collection for a couple of days I msg the buyer to ensure they received a card, and not once have I ever noticed the 4 highlighted features Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 81
Latest reply

@annm1892 wrote:

Here we are on 3 july 2017 and nothing has changed.  I am tracking a parcel that has been at Underwood since 21 June.

im tracking a parcel that has been sitting there now for 16 days. underwood, WAKE UP !!  rooster.jpeg

Message 23 of 81
Latest reply

Have you tried any of the suggested remedies?

Message 24 of 81
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Have you tried any of the suggested remedies?

i rang AU post and after 10 mins on hold they came back and said we will call you back. still waiting for their call which was 4 days ago. (i called them wednesday and today is sunday)

monday i will email them with my complaint and a complaint for not calling me back..

i personally found them very hard to deal with for years.

Message 25 of 81
Latest reply

Late last year an item I'd bought got stuck at Chullora. I'd lodged a dispute with AP, as had the seller. We both got several calls from AP updating their enquiry....which they never located the parcel. It's still probably going around the conveyor belt at Chullora. The seller sent a replacement.

Another time I sent an item, which was marked return to sender from the mail centre. There wasn't even an attempt at delivery. I lodged a dispute with AP to find out why, and also let the buyer know what was going on. Thankfully she was good about it. When the parcel arrived back here, I resent it. It got to the her local PO and was marked as return to sender again, without any attempt at delivery. Thankfully I was able to contact the buyer in time to tell her it was at the PO and to race down and get it before they sent it back a second time. Prior to me resending, I'd had a call from AP saying it was returned as the system stated it was a vacant address. I had confirmed and double confirmed with the buyer. I even sent a photo of the label and she confirmed it was correct.

The AP rep said they would look into it further and I was expecting that to be it. I ended up getting another 2 phone calls. I actually found them to be really helpful. Maybe you scored a dud rep? Maybe they are still looking into it? It was nearly a week both times before I got the call from them. You could try putting a message on their Facebook page if you have an account. Like eBay, I've found them to be very helpful contacting them that way. A polite message goes a lot further than most of the abusive ones you see from people.

Message 26 of 81
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Hope everyone's missing items have now been located and delivered.

But as a follow on, lyndal without meaning to be argumentative, and admitting to being somewhat blind, this is a screenshot of what I see when I track Registered mail and it hasn't changed in a long long time - so just in case I'm not the only blind one, can you please tell me, or take a screenshot for me (and perhaps others) of the 4 highlighted features of the service, including the $100 compensation for lost or damaged mail.  Believe me, if I had ever seen such features I would have demanded compensation.

Edit :  I did scroll the page top to bottom with no sign of the highlighted features you mention

Tracking screen.png

Message 27 of 81
Latest reply

Sorry mb, I don't do screen shots.

Follow the link Stawks has put in Post #14....it is all highlighted in AP's favourite ghastly green.

Tracking registered letter post is not the same as tracking parcel post although registered letters are often trckable on the parcel post tracking site.

Message 28 of 81
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Sorry mb, I don't do screen shots.

Follow the link Stawks has put in Post #14....it is all highlighted in AP's favourite ghastly green.

Tracking registered letter post is not the same as tracking parcel post although registered letters are often trckable on the parcel post tracking site.

Well how bout that, thank you  - aren't Aust Post cheeky.  When I first looked at that link (thank you stawks) for some reason I was thinking it was for Registered Parcels.  I do Track many of my Registered Large Letters, particularly if the buyer hasn't left feedback after a few days, to keep up to speed with how long they are taking to be delivered and just because I see it as good customer service to be on top of things and notify buyers if I notice an article has been carded and not collected within a few days.

So the ghastly green bits do not show on the tracking page, it is on the AP website and to be honest, each time I was told there is no compensation unless you purchase insurance, sucker me just believed & trusted them.  In one instance I even rang back and spoke to someone else and was told the same thing - next time I will refer them to their own T & C's / Policies

Shaking head - emoticon.gif

Message 29 of 81
Latest reply

There are no registered parcels now mb.....that is for letters only.

Message 30 of 81
Latest reply