Aust post UNDERWOOD Qld holds for days

Anyone know more about why does UNDERWOOD Qld aussie post sorting facility hold parcels for days and days?..My AP tracker is saying item been at this place since monday which is now 5 days.

Is this the normal thing that happens?Seems a long time to me..

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

And tracking for 'own packaging' apparently costs an extra buck. So much for all parcels now being tracked.

Message 31 of 81
Latest reply

I've always used my own packaging and have never paid extra for tracking. Mind you, 99% of my items go under 500g, so not sure if that makes a difference. If I go over 500g I used a 3kg satchel if it's interestate.

Message 32 of 81
Latest reply

I posted an 'own packaging' for a mate a few weeks ago. No tracking number on the receipt. When I asked I was told it cost $1 for a tracking number. Which automatically makes a 500g prepaid satchel cheaper.

A bit of a rort, given AP explicitly included tracking only a few years ago.

Message 33 of 81
Latest reply

That must have changed then because I sent a heap of parcels in my own packag

@davewil1964 wrote:

I posted an 'own packaging' for a mate a few weeks ago. No tracking number on the receipt. When I asked I was told it cost $1 for a tracking number. Which automatically makes a 500g prepaid satchel cheaper.

A bit of a rort, given AP explicitly included tracking only a few years ago.

ing last year and got tracking numbers that I could track. I sent a box about a month ago that was under 500g so I'll have to see if I can find my receipt. It'll be here somewhere, just got to find the right one.

Sorry, can't fix the mess from editing.

Message 34 of 81
Latest reply

I've had tracking numbers on my receipts since tracking was a given. The issue I had in the early days was getting the postcode on with the tracking number. I'd post 10 parcels and not know who owned which tracking number. They do it automatically now. I'd be questioning the powers that be regarding that extra $1 for tracking on the receipt. I've never heard of it and I reckon they are doing it to rip people off.

Message 35 of 81
Latest reply

It says on page 13 of the latest book that tracking is including for all domestic parcels, own packaging or AP's, so someone is ripping people off!
Message 36 of 81
Latest reply

Does anyone know if it's quicker to get a delivery through Underwood if the parcel is addressed to a local Post Office,

as Aust post offer this as an option????

Message 37 of 81
Latest reply

I'm on the Central Coast of NSW and waiting on a parcel from Vic, the tracking shows it's at Underwood QLD. For godsake what's it doing there..went straight past me.
Message 38 of 81
Latest reply

I can beat that...

I sent a registered large letter from Bundoora VIC to South Morang VIC on a Friday...which is approx 5km up the road from me.
Even stuck one of those 'Priority' rip-off stickers on to make sure it was delivered the following week. It should have been delivered Monday.

The following Friday it was scanned at Underwood QLD.
The item was needed that weekend...I sorta figured it wasn't gonna make it as it decided to go on holidays instead...

I made a replacement & drove it to the customer. 

After much jumping up & down Aus Post refunded my postage charges.

Message 39 of 81
Latest reply

That was so kind of you to do that for your buyer. That type of item would have been very important to them. Kudos to you.

Message 40 of 81
Latest reply