Aust post UNDERWOOD Qld holds for days

Anyone know more about why does UNDERWOOD Qld aussie post sorting facility hold parcels for days and days?..My AP tracker is saying item been at this place since monday which is now 5 days.

Is this the normal thing that happens?Seems a long time to me..

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

@glamourgirlintimateswrote:

Their service is pathetic and I wonder if the sorters can even read.

Underwood, Chullora and Sunshine West are mostly automated with hardly any staff - it's the robots that can't read.

Edit. Snap Tippy...........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 61 of 81
Latest reply

Having worked in a mail sorting centre myself previously, I am aware some places are highly automated, yet humans are still required as not everything can be sorted by machine.

Now I am wondering why my parcel somehow got delivered to Adelaide from Queensland, and is on route from there, instead of a more direct route 2 hours north to the delivery address.

I could have picked it up myself a lot quicker.

I stand by my previous statement that they are pathetic!

Message 62 of 81
Latest reply

Anecdotally, humans only get involved at those 3 sorting hubs when parcels have either already been misdirected or have been stuck at the one hub for a long period of time, and a complaint has been made to AP.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 63 of 81
Latest reply

Having worked in a mail sorting centre myself previously, I am aware some places are highly automated, yet humans are still required as not everything can be sorted by machine.

Now I am wondering why my parcel somehow got delivered to Adelaide from Queensland, and is on route from there, instead of a more direct route 2 hours north to the delivery address.

I could have picked it up myself a lot quicker.

If you'd previously worked in a mail sorting centre, you'd know that if one or more sorting centres are overwhelmed, mail will be directed to a different one, even if it's not on the correct route. That's why something going from NSW to Qld could go via Sunshine West in Victoria. Or so AP say anyway. That's their excuse and they're sticking to it.

Message 64 of 81
Latest reply

Me too, my parcel have been there for 4 days and is the third time it happens, Australia post is a disgrace and the Underwood distribution a disgrace squared !

Whatever I can choose delivery option Australia Post would be the one not to choose !
Message 65 of 81
Latest reply

I bought a projector from China through gear best and I choose DHL Express it was in my hand in 3 days,
Now a National Item has been sitting on their hand for most of the week but took them 2 days just to scan and put aside for delivery on Thursday which was never given to the post man, my story with Australia post goes back to 2013 when I paid 160 dollars to send a 5 working day guaranteed international parcel in November to get there before Christmas and took them 23 days just to leave Australia meanwhile they where blaming the facilities of the destination just to find out the parcel was still here and it only arrived middle of January and they never refound my money
Message 66 of 81
Latest reply

I live in FN Qld, up in Weipa Cape York, our parcels don't get scanned in cairns before they get on the barge to come up here, so it can say its been sitting in Underwood post office for 3 weeks before we recieve it. As soon as I track it on the Aus Post app and it says it's in Underwood I just automatically put 3 weeks on it before I expect to get it lol
Message 67 of 81
Latest reply

I received Aust post messages daily re delivery from workwear. I have phoned Aust post and workwear to no avail. I have never ordered from that company, it has to be incorrect phone no. I have already deleted 5 sms messages today. Please help.
Message 68 of 81
Latest reply

What exactly do you think anyone here can do?

It sounds as though you have done as much as you can until the goods arrive.....if indeed they do.

If it is only a wrong phone number the parcel may arrive unannounced at the correct address and the recipient will be none the wiser about all the messages you have received.

Message 69 of 81
Latest reply

@frank_fernandes wrote:
Me too, my parcel have been there for 4 days and is the third time it happens, Australia post is a disgrace and the Underwood distribution a disgrace squared !

Whatever I can choose delivery option Australia Post would be the one not to choose !

totally agree. i have a parcel that's been sitting at  Australia post underwood qld mail sorting centre since the 7th of june and now its the 19th..sitting there doing nothing just like the facility itself..3 phone calls yesterday and no one picked up...a disgrace alright..

Message 70 of 81
Latest reply