Australia Post Contractor Stole My Parcel - Dandenong Victoria 3175

I ordered a laptop on ebay. seller sent it via Parcel post+signature. I kept tracking it from the office and finally it was on board with the driver. All of a sudden parcel was delivered at 11.51am when I was at work.
When I went home no card was left, nobody in the apartment complex has seen it. Item was simply vanished.

Called Auspost up and the operator told me someone has signed for it. How could it be? I was at work. He said there is some scribble starting with my First name. Asked me to send my licence to confirm my signature. Still awaiting for an answer from them.

In the meantime i did some research. Guess what? im not the only one. So many people have lost their parcels similar way. They were simply signed and delivered, but not the receiver who signed for it.

My incident happend in Dandenong vic 3175, Beware guys there is a thief delivering parcels for auspost in dandenong. I cant submit a paypal claim coz item was delivered. Insurance dont cover anything because again it has been delivered. Ive lost money and item.

Im sure Australia post doesnt do anything about this. This is not the first time, Ive had incidents with Startrack (owned by Auspost now) months back where they forgot to pick up my item from the warehouse 3 times in a row. and when received it box was damaged, but item was fine.

The Driver probably still has my laptop. This was dispatched from Clayton South, Vic distribution centre. If Auspost authorities read this, Please track down the driver. Delivery time as per tracking 11:51am Thu 21 Apr Dandenong, VIC.

Thank you

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Parcel Found on Another Street

This is what i wrote to them

Hello AUSPOST,

Hope you guys are still investigating this matter, Guess what? I got the parcel TODAY. My partner was at home and an old lady from the next street, <ADDRESS> has brought the parcel. She has told my partner that it was dropped off at her place with her parcels. She has checked the address and realized it has a different address and brought it over. Package is in good condition, but I have asked my partner not to touch it until I come home from work. I am going to open it while recording a video. Since I didn’t accept the parcel from auspost I don’t know whether it was broken inside or not. Seller has attached a fragile sticker as well.

IF it is broken I will be taking further actions, If not still you MUST carry on with this investigation and find out;

1. How did the parcel end up in another street address?
  2. How did my signature end up on the system?

You must take an action against the driver, otherwise a lot of people like me lose their money and time.

Regards

neoanderz

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

AUSTRALIA POST CONTRACTOR STOLE MY PARCEL On 21 April 2016, Dandenong, Victoria 3175

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

Once is enough. You don't have to post on every thread you can find, plus start your own..

And I would be wary about accusing an AP contractor of theft without proof. These boards are public.

As Lyndal suggested in the year old thread you dragged up to post this rant, give AP a chance to investigate.

Note: A signature is valid from ANYBODY at the address. As you are in an apartment complex, anybody could have signed for it and it would count as delivered.

Maybe you should look at Click & Collect. Or a PO Box.

And look up defamation.

Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

Anyone standing by the door of your unit who knew your name could sign for the item, if you live in a place where this can very easily happen it would probably be best to have a PO box or to sign up for a MyPost account.

You could have asked the seller to add person to person signature so that presumably identification would be needed to sign for the parcel but if you are at work it would have to be taken back to the PO anyway so a PO Box or MyPost would be no less of a problem and would ensure you got what you wanted.

Unless and until AP conclude their investigation you are only guessing it is the driver and as you have specified the area this person delivers in which means people would know who it is you may have left yourself open to serious charges of defamation.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

When you go to the post office to collect a parcle they always check the ID. So unless the driver is at MY door he MUST check the ID before ANYONE sign for it. My apartment door was closed, Say he went to the wrong apartment number, he should have checked the id. Plus who gets confused between apartment numbers in big font? If someone turns up to ur door with a big parcle u didnt expect, wouldnt you get confused? and ask at least couple of questions from the driver??, Plus how the hell the consignement was signed starting with my name (according to auspost customer service).

Have you checked all the links?

Throw all the leagal terms my way but this is unfair and if the correct procedure has been followed by AP, it wouldnt have happend.

Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am the seller of this item.

I can't and won't comment on Aust Post or this situation in general.

I can confirm that the parcel was correctly and clearly addressed- name, unit number, street number, suburb and post code. Sent by Signature on Delivery.

Hope this works out well.

Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

I can fully understand how angry you feel, but you do need to let AP conduct it's investigation.

A postie adjacent to my area was sacked late last year for stealing gift vouchers from mail on his delivery run, so it can happen.

However, I guess in an apartment complex it would be very easy for someone else sign for it, posing as you.

Also, is there any chance the delivery guy could have got the correct unit number but the wrong unit complex? It's happened to me a couple of times.

Message 8 of 56
Latest reply

Have you lodged an official enquiry via AusPost website? I am in the same boat as you at the moment....tracking says 'delivered' but I haven't received it....AP are investigating....Ebay can't help as there is tracking....next step I'll try will be Paypal, if AP don't find it.....
Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

I have had quite a number of parcels arrive as SOD. I have never had to show ID when they come to my door. They ask at the PO to see it, but not at my house. I had an SOD parcel arrive this morning and I just had to sign the scanner.

As for receiving a parcel out of the blue, it can happen and the receiver may not have realised until they opened it. I received a parcel last year when I wasn't expecting one. I had no idea why I'd be getting a parcel. I checked the name and address and it was addressed to me. Turns out it was new work uniforms (which I didn't need and didn't ask for).

Oh, one more thing. There is no point abusing the people here trying to help you. It's no one heres fault, so cut the attitude. Maybe you should have had the parcel sent to your work address if you work every day.

Message 10 of 56
Latest reply