Australia Post Contractor Stole My Parcel - Dandenong Victoria 3175

I ordered a laptop on ebay. seller sent it via Parcel post+signature. I kept tracking it from the office and finally it was on board with the driver. All of a sudden parcel was delivered at 11.51am when I was at work.
When I went home no card was left, nobody in the apartment complex has seen it. Item was simply vanished.

Called Auspost up and the operator told me someone has signed for it. How could it be? I was at work. He said there is some scribble starting with my First name. Asked me to send my licence to confirm my signature. Still awaiting for an answer from them.

In the meantime i did some research. Guess what? im not the only one. So many people have lost their parcels similar way. They were simply signed and delivered, but not the receiver who signed for it.

My incident happend in Dandenong vic 3175, Beware guys there is a thief delivering parcels for auspost in dandenong. I cant submit a paypal claim coz item was delivered. Insurance dont cover anything because again it has been delivered. Ive lost money and item.

Im sure Australia post doesnt do anything about this. This is not the first time, Ive had incidents with Startrack (owned by Auspost now) months back where they forgot to pick up my item from the warehouse 3 times in a row. and when received it box was damaged, but item was fine.

The Driver probably still has my laptop. This was dispatched from Clayton South, Vic distribution centre. If Auspost authorities read this, Please track down the driver. Delivery time as per tracking 11:51am Thu 21 Apr Dandenong, VIC.

Thank you

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

There are ways of approaching Paypal which may result in a refund however I feel disinclined to add further advice as the OP obviously more interested in trashing AP than achieving a positive outcome.

The OP has already been told in detail how to approach paypal to achieve a refund but has not bothered to even read it let alone acknowledge it.

Message 21 of 56
Latest reply

@neoanderz wrote:

lyndal1838, yes it involves international courier, but delivered via AP post, whatever it is , it was signed by someone else not the recipient, and the parcel was missing. That is what is important here not wheater it was 4 years old thread. 

Am I missing something here? You say it's an international seller, but your seller has posted here and they are in Brisbane.

Quote :-

"I am the seller of this item.

I can't and won't comment on Aust Post or this situation in general.

I can confirm that the parcel was correctly and clearly addressed- name, unit number, street number, suburb and post code. Sent by Signature on Delivery.

Hope this works out well."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 56
Latest reply

Padi, that post was about the fact that the OP has dragged up Coops 4 year old about his missing parcel from the USA....do you remember it?

It is a different kettle of fish because the OP's seller is in Australia so not other postal services involved, not to mention that rules and services have changed considerably in 4 years.

Message 23 of 56
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Padi, that post was about the fact that the OP has dragged up Coops 4 year old about his missing parcel from the USA....do you remember it?

It is a different kettle of fish because the OP's seller is in Australia so not other postal services involved, not to mention that rules and services have changed considerably in 4 years.

Errrr, don't think so lyndal the seller posted this only 2hrs ago...................

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 56
Latest reply

well i'm confused, nothing new there of course.

does this guy have a sister named michelle?

Message 25 of 56
Latest reply

@neoanderz wrote:

AUSTRALIA POST CONTRACTOR STOLE MY PARCEL On 21 April 2016, Dandenong, Victoria 3175

bit harsh accusing the post contractor like this dont you think ? what gives you the right to say such a thing ? where is the proof ?.

Message 26 of 56
Latest reply

Padi - Lyndal was replying to the link in post 15.

A 4 year old post.

Message 27 of 56
Latest reply

@neoanderz wrote:

Thank you audio-spot for understanding the anger I feel and being supportive. It is the only apartment complex in the area and very easy to find. I had put a big note on my post box saying if im not at home plz drop a card. If he has been near the place he would have seen it, but unfortunately it was signed and delivered according to tracking info, without me being at home.

Putting a big note on your post box like you did is an invitation to anyone who saw it to steal your parcel.  Even if they don't live in your apartment complex all they need to do is hang around outside until they see the AP van coming, then pretend they'd only just arrived home, sign for the parcel and then walk away with it.  All they'd need to do beforehand is make sure they knew where your door was and head towards it as the AP contractor turned up, and nobody else in the complex would have any suspicions.  To know what name to sign they'd only have to look at the name on the parcel while the contractor is holding it.  They could easily remove your note when they first saw it and then put it back later, so that the delivery driver never saw it at all.  Even if your letterboxes can't be seen from the street, one of the other residents may not be as honest as you think they are, or they may have had a visitor who saw your note.

If you want to advertise the fact you're not home AND that you're expecting a parcel, go ahead and put a big sign up, but be prepared to take the consequences.  I'm not saying this did happen but if you did, you only have yourself to blame, and you shouldn't be blaming a delivery driver when it could very easily have been someone else entirely.

Message 28 of 56
Latest reply

Parcel Found on Another Street

This is what i wrote to them

Hello AUSPOST,

Hope you guys are still investigating this matter, Guess what? I got the parcel TODAY. My partner was at home and an old lady from the next street, <ADDRESS> has brought the parcel. She has told my partner that it was dropped off at her place with her parcels. She has checked the address and realized it has a different address and brought it over. Package is in good condition, but I have asked my partner not to touch it until I come home from work. I am going to open it while recording a video. Since I didn’t accept the parcel from auspost I don’t know whether it was broken inside or not. Seller has attached a fragile sticker as well.

IF it is broken I will be taking further actions, If not still you MUST carry on with this investigation and find out;

1. How did the parcel end up in another street address?
  2. How did my signature end up on the system?

You must take an action against the driver, otherwise a lot of people like me lose their money and time.

Regards

neoanderz

Message 29 of 56
Latest reply

How would you have known if the item was broken before you signed for it?

If it is not obviously damaged it is really an over-reaction to open it while videoing the process.

IF it is broken you open a paypal dispute...there is no other action needed.

So there was driver error.....I have had several items left at my address that were not mine.  I just take them to the correct address if it is nearby or hand it back to the contractor if it is too far for me to walk.

If you did not sign for it then it is obviously not your signature....it was probably signed for by the lady who took delivery of it.  If she received several parcels it is easy to do.

Just be happy that you have received your parcel and maybe make a public apology to the contractor....your certainly publicly accused him of theft.

Message 30 of 56
Latest reply