Bank Chargeback

Hello, I used paypal to purchase. I need to lodge a charge back with my bank. Who is the "merchant" PayPal or the Seller? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Bank Chargeback

@supermussolinibros wrote:

scamming thieves is the reason i decided to stop selling here - this is all too common, funny thing is the scammers are trying the same thing on other sites using paypal chargebacks

Same. It's like handing out free gifts, **bleep** that

Message 21 of 38
Latest reply

@homely787 wrote:

I'm not a scanner. I paid for an item ($199), it came with major manufacturing faults, seller agreed for the return and said they would refund, item returned with tracking, no refund from seller, PayPal claim rejected. It seems PayPal will only honour eBay purchases. 

I suspect that by returning the item before opening a dispute in Paypal's Resolution Centre, you have muddied the waters. Maybe you didn't upload the tracking to show delivered to the seller, or if you did then that may be the reason Paypal changed the dispute to "I had not received a refund", which is what happened.

Paypal's buyer protection covers nearly all items purchased through them not just eBay items.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 38
Latest reply

Thank you for all of your replies. Rang my bank and lodged a chargeback this morning online. Documents in support included return tracking and written confirmation from seller that a refund had been processed. No refund received.
Message 23 of 38
Latest reply

I returned the item after I lodged the PayPal dispute. That's normally what PayPal expects. Providing all tracking to PayPal for the return.
Message 24 of 38
Latest reply

@homely787 wrote:
Thank you for all of your replies. Rang my bank and lodged a chargeback this morning online. Documents in support included return tracking and written confirmation from seller that a refund had been processed. No refund received.

Have you checked the paypal transaction to see if it has been reversed?  That usully tells you whether a refund has been initiated.   If it has been done your next step is to check your cc to see if it arrives there.

Message 25 of 38
Latest reply

No refund has been applied. I'm giving PayPal the flip. What's the point of relying on them when concerns arise. Been with them 15+ years. That a to z place must be taking a lot away from PayPal.
Message 26 of 38
Latest reply

@homely787 wrote:
No refund has been applied. I'm giving PayPal the flip. What's the point of relying on them when concerns arise. Been with them 15+ years. That a to z place must be taking a lot away from PayPal.

Was the purchase from an Australian seller.? Check the ACCC website. You do have protection under Australian law if an item is faulty, or not fit for purpose. However, I wouldn't like your chances if you purchased from overseas. I had the same problem with a wooden garden seat that was impossible to assemble, because everything was cut wrong, (an asian import) Maybe you bought something similar? However  I purchased from an Australian seller and they refunded without any argument.

Message 27 of 38
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. Australian seller. I think some businesses are failing with the pandemic and lockdown in Melbourne. I'd say they are desperate. Am aware of other available actions (CAV & VCAT). I will leave the chargeback with my bank. I have substantive documents that can't be disputed. But it's no more PayPal for me. All the stuffing around with my claim has caused arbitrary stress. Thanks.

Message 28 of 38
Latest reply

So if you bought a brand new item, the usual procedure is to file a warranty claim with the manufacturer. They will sometimes do that on your behalf if you take it into a atore with your receipt. Maybe that's why paypal stepped aside if it's a warranty matter? Just my thoughts

Message 29 of 38
Latest reply

I asked OP that on the first page too but they declined to comment 

Oh well

Message 30 of 38
Latest reply