Banned off paypal because of seller. Seller has item and money.

This is absolutely outrageous.

PayPal has banned me for no reason. I've been having issues with this seller for a while now as he has not given me a refund.

He advised me to send the item back to him, in which I did with a tracking number. He received it, but is refusing to give me a refund, and now I am banned off paypal because of this.

What on earth do I do? Do I contact the police? This is clearly fraudulent. I've never been this angered on the internet before.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Paypal will still have a record of their account. It doesnt go down the gurgler and vanish forever. Much better to get an investigation underway with the ombudsman sharpish.

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply

Referring back to your earlier post saying that the seller claimed the item you returned wasn't in the same condition you received it.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Seller-refusing-to-give-refund/m-p/1476343#M44741

I think the message from Paypal is not referring to you as the seller but as the Paypal user who sent back the item which the actual seller has claimed is not in the same condition as when they sent it to you. Nowhere in the message from Paypal does it actually refer to you as the Seller - only as the user.

Paypal would not normally restrict an account for just one incident like this - I am just wondering if you have other instances of disputes with sellers would could have possibly flagged your account.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

I was wondering the same after this happening.

I can visibly see mention of 6 refunds or replacements in OP's feedback left for others-don't know if that would send a red flag to Paypal though as spread over 2 years.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

rjm6572
Community Member

is the email from paypal for real because sometimes you can get one which is classed as spoof mail

can you log into your paypal account, if you're not sure forward the email to

spoof@paypal.com.au and they will check it out

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

I logged in and I got this. I capped it.

This ban was only addressed a few minutes ago. I am absolutely outraged.

The seller has both my money that I paid, and the faulty laptop that he sent me. If anything, he should be banned.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

That screen shot is showing as YOU being the seller.

Why don't you ring Paypal ? They're open now.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

I noticed that too when infact I am the buyer.

I setup a dispute a while ago with that seller, and me and him made arrangements and I closed it.

He never even partook in these arrangements and since then, hasn't given me a refund.

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

You really need to phone Paypal to sort out what is being displayed and you should never have closed the dispute until you had your money back. I doubt if Paypal will reopen dispute now.

IF you funded your Paypal payment with your credit card, you could try calling your bank re a chargeback.

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

How can I get my account unbanned? I'm 100% sure that it has to do with this transaction.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

I swear. It's like this ban was for him, and one of the paypal staff members has incorrectly issued it to me instead of him.

I did close the dispute when one of the paypal staff members was reviewing it.

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

@send_me_it wrote:

How can I get my account unbanned? I'm 100% sure that it has to do with this transaction.

You have already been told how to solve the problem......RING PAYPAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And do it as soon as possible.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

On the balance of probabilities, it would appear that Paypal have mixed up their messages and you've accidentally received the one meant for your seller. However, as Lyndal said, ring Paypal first thing tomorrow and ask to discuss the matter with a supervisor (and yes, Paypal are indeed open on Sundays).
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply