DODGY SELLERS USING DODGY TACTICS

turf-13
Community Member

Hi guys. I bought a watch a couple weeks back. I gave good feedback nd they left me good feedback. a couple days later, I decided to return the watch. I had a chnlange of heart. and decided to take a hit on shipping which was 72$. so, I paid it, sent it off and went home and provided tracking to seller, seller said thankyou, noted. So, That was all good. So, I was browsing amd double checked the sellers return address, It was different to the one provided by ebay. I noticed this as when I posted it, I took a photo at the post office. The return address was similar, But, different.  I lrealised this error, and quickly went to the post office the next morning right when they opened. and, I asked if they still had my package. LUCKILY it was not sent. So, I took ot home, went to message tome seller to CONFIRM the correct address. And he blocked me! I could not and still can not contact him, it's bizarre. when I go to contact it just says, 'user is blocked'. I am going annoyed because, eBay has terrible customer service and even worse it's holiday period. I want to return this, and now I am stuck with it because they decided to block me. I tested thier messaging via another ebay account. and, could message them fine. What do I do??????? I seems also, they have a %100 rating, obviously they know exactly what they are doing. and are probably avoiding a bad review? I don't get it. Then when I ask ebay to help. I can't contact them cos thier hours are always closed.  I am getting to a point where I will be AMAZON only going forth when it comes to buying. I feel like I am being scammed on here with ebay allowing this stuff to go on protecting its sellers over buyers. I'd really like sone help. thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You are not being scammed.

You admitted to a change of mind. I have no idea whether or not the seller accepts returns for change of mind. A lot don't, myself included. You would be blocked by me, too.

Maybe consider that buying on eBay, or Amazon, or anywhere else, especially online is not a game.

A change of 'heart' equals a problem buyer, no matter where you stuff sellers around.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Sellers do not really have an obligation to communicate with you when you received the item in good working order and have not opened an actual dispute.

I agree with @dave that buyers who change their minds are a definite problem in the mind of Ebay sellers. They've made the transaction in good faith and no matter the fact that you wrote in your feedback that you wanted to buy more watches, you're now never going to be able to do so as you proved yourself to be a problem at the first hurdle. They will never want to deal with you again as they have no idea how many items you may want to return. It's not worth the hassle to them. They're a high volume store who don't need you as a customer.

Personally, I would have just kept the item and listed it for sale myself, instead of spending an untold fortune in return postage. See if you can get that postage cancelled.

Ebay will not assist you - what would you even like for them to do? They cannot force the seller to communicate with you and they cannot force the seller to accept the item back.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Somehow I think you are going to appear on many blocked lists.  Use the item for a couple of days and then change your mind,

Dodgy?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

You are not being scammed

Sellers do not have to accept change of mind returns

You are not allowed to use another account to contact a seller who has already blocked you on a different account

You are not stuck with it, sell it yourself, gift it or bin it

being blocked sores not stop you leaving feedback

Welcome to many more blocked lists

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Holy pocket watch on a chainโ€ฆ!

Presumably you addressed the return to the return address provided by eBay, which is the CORRECT RETURN ADDRESS. Had you let the parcel proceed, there should have been no problem.

The fact that you subsequently went to the PO and stopped the return must have made you look very dodgy to the seller.

The fact that the seller doesnโ€™t want anything further to do with you is not surprising.

You should also be aware that the sellerโ€™s initial acceptance of your return request does not mean all was fine as far as he was concerned.  It is entirely at the sellerโ€™s discretion if he decides to block all buyers who return items, or some buyers who return items, or just you.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

This one - so far - takes the cake for 2023. lol

download (6).jpeg

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I can see a lot more party invitations coming shortly

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

1) seller is in Hong Kong

2) they accept returns for change of mind.....did you contact them off your own back or lodge dispute via eBay rules?

3) you gave them tracking details but then went to P.O. & reneged - have you now lost another lot of postage?

4) what do you expect them to do?

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Between the OP and the seller (who has 100% fb) I think I know which one is dodgy.

Just sayin'

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply