EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

For every customer who has dealt with Pitney Bowes Corporate delivery company called Global Shipping Program . 
The first important thing one must know is that Global Shipping Problems sorry Program has nothing to do with eBay PERIOD.

This company pays eBay a yearly “Donation”  to use the eBay corporate divisions name worldwide.

The most deplorable act that this company does to eBays customers is to deny combined postage from any retailer or charitable organisation they have dibs over.  If you have ever tried to send a message thru to a seller asking for your multiple purchases to be posted together to save HUNDREDS from overseas delivery the button that eBay gets you to press after all your time spent filling out a request form for a new invoice has a default message that says “This seller is unavailable at this time, please try again later” !!   So after numerous hours wasted trying to send this request I contact the Charity I’m purchasing from in the United Kingdom.  These poor people had no idea that they couldn’t be reached. 
What eBay has turned a blind eye on preferring to sit back & pretend they are assisting all queries from their millions of customers about Global rip off program by suggesting to you all this…

Please contact the seller & ask them to choose another courier service.  It sounded all good until these small businesses realised they can’t override the program installed by eBay on behalf of this non parent company named Pitney Bowes so they can MAXIMISE all profits.

But wait …  You won’t believe what I have on record from this companies head office in the United States admitting….   
It is not bad enough that they are still charging single parcel rates not giving a combined postage discount after posting everything together.   This company was able to take over hundreds of charitable organisations across our globes postage service by getting eBay to act for them to offer a worry  free service where one won’t have to deal with customers ect, so by accepting Global Shipping as there only courier service they are then made to post all of our purchases to the closest of umpteen GSP hub sites world wide where this extortion takes place…

They completely unpack our combined orders that were all ready for overseas delivery, dispose of the packaging & boxing then wasting it by not reusing it.  Why they prefer not to recycle is this…. They want to charge us for there own personal overpriced packaging & generic boxes.  The thing that upset me most is our purchase  gets relabelled with the return address if it gets lost saying Global Shipping Program as the seller.
At first they were posting everything out as single purchases so they could charge there scrupulously overpriced delivery charges.  But then they realised they should be combining our multiple purchases so postage is much cheaper for them & NOT passing this much cheaper invoice onto the customers they’ve highjacked from eBay.
it’s corporate greed at its worst.
So when asked why they do this, they’d used the vice of trying to be a greener company & not answering the real question of why they are stealing from eBay customers …

Why eBay officials are not getting hauled over the coals by watchdogs I have no idea.

Lastly ..

if you’ve ever been charged a import tariff (tax) by GSP you need to know that they overestimate the cost, then they decide to keep the extra money they’ve charged you to balance out any of there so called losses when apparently at one stage they underestimated import tariffs?

Are you SERIOUS…. How does a worldwide corporate entity operate on guess work not taking advantage of todays informative import costs provided by all eligible countries I have no idea?

Or is it just another sneaky way to steal your hard earned dollars.  It may only be $5 or $6 dollars they overcharge you with but multiply that by the number of world wide customers they’ve pushed themselves onto with eBays help, then try pronouncing the amount of digits in the profit amount this will add up to.  
This egregious act continues to this day. I have personally added up all of my overseas purchases as a eBay customer since 2021 & I’ve worked out that I have been overcharged $3120 by Pitney Bowes who I’ve contacted several times.  The CEO of the American Office (I couldn’t find anything on this companies Australian office)  said he’d look into it & passed it down to a minion who went thru my email denying that it happens ….  But then on record admitted that they overcharge us all when covering costs for import taxes.  I seriously don’t get it.

People were worried about Covid being a serious worldwide pandemic….   I suggest that the only pandemic we all need to adhere is Corporate Greed.  These companies get away with so much & when they are finally put before the courts they only have to pay a fine that doesn’t hurt there profits or stop them blatantly ripping us off one aota. 
There needs to be a parliamentary inquiry into this companies connection with eBay & why they’re allowed to take advantage of small business owners & more heart braking the misuse of charities around the globe who deserve so much more for doing the amazing work they do. 

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM

OP, it’s not extortion. That has a very clear legal and criminal meaning, and it doesn’t mean “charging a high price for something that I consider not to give commensurate value to the buyer”.

I do not use the GSP. Instead, if I’m ordering from sellers / businesses in the US, for instance, I try to make multiple purchases at the same time and have them addressed to my US parcel forwarding address, and when they’ve all arrived there I have them all sent here in one lot. It isn’t cheap but it includes insurance against damage etc, and it’s also very fast. By combining, I spread out the shipping costs over everything so it does end up less expensive per item.

As I said, there are options; so far I haven’t come across a “can only obtain on eBay  via GSP” item.

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

Good Gravy!   You have all the power.

Pitney Bowes certainly doesn't.  Neither does ebay,

All the charges are listed upfront before you press that PAY NOW button.

Read carefully next time and if you don't like it, don't press that Buy button!

Did you actually read and absorb any of the replies to your rant opening post?

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

Why is it always - I bought it - now I question it.??

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

Buying from sellers using eBay International Shipping

If your seller is sending your item through eBay International Shipping, the eBay International Shipping logo will be displayed in the listing and at checkout. You'll pay for delivery charges at checkout and you'll pay for any customs charges, import fees and taxes either at checkout or when your item arrives.

When you buy an item from a seller using eBay International Shipping, you can benefit from lower international postage costs negotiated by eBay. Keep in mind that you currently won't be able to combine postage if you purchase multiple items from sellers in this program.

Once you've completed checkout, the seller will send your item to our shipping hub, and from there it's posted to you. Tracking is automatically added so you can track your item from the hub to your door.

International purchases and postage for buyers | eBay

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

I didn't know all of that, it's valid information for some.  

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

You could have found that information simply by reading a few of the many threads about the GSP.

I doubt anybody reading this doesn't already know, so your novel was likely unproductive.

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

To Dare Devil …. Firstly I hope you had a lovely Christmas & new year celebration.

I’m very new to this & have no time to go through umpteen numbers of threads that you say “might” be helpful. I have learnt to do my own inquiring & investigating as one can’t rely on theories.  My novel as you called it is there to show others that I have this company admitting that they overcharge customers who purchase from overseas.  I’m not sure why you choose to be narcissistic with your comment? This year will be a big birthday year for you turning sixty! I hope you are well & have enjoyed the holidays.  Take care Ms R.

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

I’m not sure you read all of my post Countess! There are no alternatives. 
Thank you for at least trying to make your point valid, I was fuming when I wrote this & feel horrible for the comparison to a pandemic. Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Ms R💐

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

Try being nice instead of using narcissism as you’re probably a very nice person. 
Hope you had a nice Christmas 💐

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

You’re such a lovely helpful person Sons & Daughters ….
Do you buy much from overseas charitable organisations? Probably not but I can tell you that there is NO alternative to your assumption as you might of absorbed in while reading.  Oh & by the way any company who charges an import tariff on goods that they are handling & are delivered in Australia can be fined or made to stand with our governing bodies review board if they are found to have extortionate dealings within our borders. This is a government judicial agency issue!! 

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply