Ebay Seller not honouring warranty

What come back do I have when the item is sold with a 12 month warranty and the seller (still active) doesn't honour  the warranty.  In fact they have now refused to reply to my emails.

Surely Ebay provide some protection against the selling of shoddy goods?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Ebay Seller not honouring warranty

Was that post about the freezer you mentioned before that packed up after 5 months ?

Or is it a different item that you've bought since then after being aware of warranty problems on eBay ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Incorrect. I did get the freezer but the motor failed 5 months into the 12 month warranty.

The supplier refused to honour the warranty so I told the bank I never got a working freezer OR a working warranty and I had paid for both.

Once I showed I had tried with both the seller AND eBay, the bank had no hesitation in immediately (within 3 days) reversing the charge and the $1050 came back to my account.

I then emailed the seller to advise I would no longer store their trash they had no interest in collecting and put it on the footpath for the council cleanup, end of story!

Just pay by credit or debit card & YOU are in control 🙂

Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

I went on holidays for a month Jane and I DID receive the items (freezer +warranty) but neither worked.

Sorry you find it difficult to understand, hope you get unboggled soon.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

@globenet_1 wrote:

I went on holidays for a month Jane and I DID receive the items (freezer +warranty) but neither worked.

The "boggling" starts with you I reckon with the above statement, yet in your previous post you said the motor failed after 5 MONTHS.

What was the item number (RHS of the listing page)  ?  That will clear up some questions for us.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

@globenet_1 wrote:

Right, let me remind you, in each of your replies here, you have a different set of events! 
In one post, you never got the item, then you say you waited 7 weeks…. Now it’s 5mths! 
So, tell me….. who’s boggled??? 

I am  a lot of things, but   *mind reader*  isn’t one of them, so telling us AFTER THE FACT that you went away on holidays for 4weeks, is not only useless, but also pointless! 

It’s obvious you can’t even lie straight in bed, let alone tell a story with factual events….. god, you even lied to your bank, which says a lot about your integrity and your worth! 
Personally, I can’t be bothered to give you anymore of my time. Pfft! 😒

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

@globenet_1 wrote:

Incorrect. I did get the freezer but the motor failed 5 months into the 12 month warranty.

The supplier refused to honour the warranty so I told the bank I never got a working freezer OR a working warranty and I had paid for both.

Once I showed I had tried with both the seller AND eBay, the bank had no hesitation in immediately (within 3 days) reversing the charge and the $1050 came back to my account.

I then emailed the seller to advise I would no longer store their trash they had no interest in collecting and put it on the footpath for the council cleanup, end of story!

You lied to your bank about a chargeback? You do realise you can go to jail for that, don't you? I certainly wouldn't have been gloating about that, especially on a public forum, that anyone in the world can see, including your bank. At this point, I'd be burying my head in the ground and going into hiding. You could be in real strife.

Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

@globenet_1 wrote:

You lied to your bank about a chargeback? You do realise you can go to jail for that, don't you? I certainly wouldn't have been gloating about that, especially on a public forum, that anyone in the world can see, including your bank. At this point, I'd be burying my head in the ground and going into hiding. You could be in real strife.

And.......................any good lawyer worth their bit of paper - would shred that lot.

Where is the lie?? -  so I told the bank I never got a working freezer OR a working warranty and I had paid for both.

A product was purchased - with an advertised warranty - ( we all know how that works ) - however - that statement is true.

The expected life of a freezer is considerably longer than 5 months - and that which was received only lasted that long.

To all intents & purposes - after 5 months - there was no working freezer or a working warranty.

It's about the wording - all about the wording.

I think the bank would have done it's homework.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply