Ebay allowing sellers to Misrep item locations part 2

old thread

Old thread got capped and locked due to age, Lets restart the convo regarding item location misrepsentation.

Originally, Spare.Trade.Parts member started the thread regarding item location, so in saying that lets try and continue this debate, into why we need true and accurate item location on Ebay AU

One of Ebay's "Notorious" original wack jobs!
Rarely Seen, Rarely Heard, Im silent, you wont ever know im there!
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

As was said in the thread that was legitimately locked - you can easily determine where a seller is registered. Which generally gives an indication of where the item is located. Other clues include way less than market value, long lead times.

I've not been a member as long as you, but I suspect my 14 years have given me more insights than you have managed.

Rarely Seen, Rarely Heard, Im silent, you wont ever know im there! - We could only wish

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The matter has been done to death.

Carry out your own due diligence.

Check to see where seller is registered/based (on feedback profile page) and just move on from the ones that are registered overseas.

In saying that, some sellers are located overseas, but do have stock here - if you check seller feedback, buyers are very quick to leave negatives for those sellers who truly misrepresent the location. It's up to you to work through those location nuances to make your own decision.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It should be much better but it isn't and it doesn't look as if ebay is going to tweak things to improve it any time soon.

You'd think it would be an easy thing for ebay to just put seller registration details on the actual ad page, alongside the item location, but nope, they don't.

I think a lot of ebay regulars know how to access that information but I am equally sure a lot of casual users wouldn't even have a clue they need to check it. Even if they do check the feedback, they may not look over at seller registration details.

The other thing that probably throws a lot of buyers new to ebay is the feedback score: You'd think eg 95% was pretty good but in the world of ebay, that can be quite a low rating.

Even if an overseas seller has a warehouse here, I'd find it helpful to see at a glance if I was buying from an overseas based business or an Australian business.

But in the absence of any ebay action, all you can do is look after your own interests and check out an ad carefully before you press the 'buy' button.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Flogging dead horses should be outlawed

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

sons_and_daughters_0-1656288765372.gif

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Lets stop buying from such sellers

Buying = supporting

Supporting = helping them to stay in business and keep doing the same thing

Important enough to post on an ancient thread, then start another new thread, then it is important enough to click ONE button and look who you are buying from

Why would eBay care when buyers can't be bothered to check out who they are buying from?

Do you think a seller really being here in Australia automatically makes them a good, trustworthy seller?

They could be located in the same suburb you are and be one of the biggest scammers to ever use a computer 

Or is it another 'Well eBay let them list, so I had to buy from them'

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply