'Fornite account' raffle - in breach of eBay's T&Cs, yet eBay leave it up!

Anyone come across listings like this before? -

Fortnite account, Ghoul trooper, Skull Trooper, Renegade Raider, and MORE! RAFFL

As per the description, "You are not buying an account your buying a chance to win the account, the more tickets you buy the higher your chance of winning is!"

Apart from half the buyers who've already participated having brand new zero-feedback accounts (the seller attempting to make his listing seem legitimate, perhaps?), it's in clear breach of eBay's 'Chance listings policy' which states,

"Giveaways, lotteries, sweepstakes, random drawings, raffles and contests are highly regulated. Therefore, we don't allow listings or products that sell an opportunity to win an item or prize, whether that's by chance or in a contest."

I reported this listing, and another five like it, to eBay's 'Trust & Safety' department, via online chat two days ago, and was assured they'd take a close look at them.  Of course all six listings are still active as I write this.

I wonder why they bother with policies they evidently have no interest in enforcing?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: 'Fornite account' raffle - in breach of eBay's T&Cs, yet eBay leave it up!

I have had better luck reporting these kind of things under the 'Counterfeit' category. I just explain I tried reporting under the right one and it was ignored. Actual people seem to read the counterfeit reports.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Reported one that way,so we'll see.

In the mean time they are now possibly hijacking accounts as well:

0 feedback,Member since: 06-Jan-16 in Australia, 21-Jul-18 in Australia,3 feedback 02-Nov-15 in Australia and

bought nothing in the last year,0 feedback 06-Jan-16 in Australia , 0 feedback 07-Sep-18 in Australia

Most have feedback below 10.

Another seller won,(who would have thought),shok.gif

The Spanish seller coped 3 negs and a neut because the buyers got nothing,(how dare they),Whistle.gif

They do rely on stupidity going by feedback: It is a rip off to go into a raffle! Do not buy!!!,(others have

mentioned that they got nothing),tease.gif

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

It seems to be official that they don't enforce their own policies,(I reported all the listings 3 times via chat and

not only are they still up but others get added on a regular basis).

So all 3 Chat members that I spoke too lied,(as they said they were chance listings and that T & S would

remove them and that hasn't happened).

There are now over 50 completed listings and one of those sold over 130 "tickets" and 22 "live" listings.

About what I figured would happen when they removed the Email option,(the report links don't work,Chat

doesn't work so there is now no way to report scammers and even when you do they wont be removed).

Makes the staffs job easier as now they don't have to pretend that there are no scam listings as no one can

prove otherwise,(no point trying anymore when they they don't act and lie instead),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

The ones "buying" the "raffle" tickets aren't real smart though,(it's obviously what the sellers/scammers

are looking for).shok.gif

Fortnite scammer.PNG

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

hiru1280
Community Member

That listing is still up and a few have purchased it, kinda concerning. Total scam. Ebay has cracked down on a lot of those listings before.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

#  324247356173

Reported.      Listing practices > other listing practices > chance
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply