Global Shipping Program

hovsay
Community Member

Hi all,

Got a shipment coming from the states worth about $1300 USD - Apart from paying over $200USD on import duties and another $40USD on what I thought was 'International Priority shipping' to Australia, looks like it's Fedex Economy and will take about 10 days to reach Sydney (via 'multiple carriers').

The shipment itself took only 2 days to reach the shipping center, then sat in the center for about 5 days and now Fedex Economy another 10 days. The tracking itself is terribly delayed, luckily Fedex tracking is alright. 

Is this normal for GSP? I'm thinking I should have just used a mail forwarder...

Cheers

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Global Shipping Program

The tracking will not update while the parcel is sitting in the shipping centre waiting for PB to do the paperwork and repack the item.

That is the reason the shipping cost is so outrageous.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Global Shipping Program

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is actually quite good for the GSP.....parcels have been know to go on tour around the USA for several weeks before languishing in Erlanger KY for a week or more.  Despite to misnomer of Priority Shipping, the rate paid to FedEx is only Economy and it sometimes takes a couple of weeks once it is handed to FedEx.

Once it arrives in Australia it can be delivered by FedEx themselves or sent as an eParcel with Australia Post....a lot depends on the size of the parcel and where you are located.

Surely you were expecting the Import duties....they are levied on all items valued at over A$1000.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

imastawka
Honored Contributor

As far as I know, if it's GSP you shouldn't have to pay import duties.

Pitney Bowes does.  That's why it's expensive

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Pitney Bowes pays it on the buyer's behalf Stawks......after getting the money from the buyer.

It is a separate item on the invoice as far as I know, never having actually bought anything of that value through the GSP.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

When you purchase an item through the Global Shipping Program:

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

The Fedex economy was what surprised me the most, not so much the import duties. For $40USD I thought It would at least be priority of some sort.

After having the tracking not update for 5 days I guess I'm just happy it isn't 'lost'. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

The tracking will not update while the parcel is sitting in the shipping centre waiting for PB to do the paperwork and repack the item.

That is the reason the shipping cost is so outrageous.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Yes, the repacking.

which is listed as being one of their costs...and therefore an obligation.

I've had a fair few. Not once, has PB repacked an item.

Even when the box was split and falling apart. They slapped a bit of tape on it.

I should tot them all up and demand a refund for failure to provide the Paid For service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

Neither of my USA purchases were repacked....it is a bit hard to improve upon hard plastic fitted jewellery boxes for earrings put into padded post bags.

But the UK was a different story.....paper items put into cardboard backed envelopes of very, very dubious quality.  One had to be placed in an AP plastic bag when it arrived here as it was so badly torn.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

AP are pretty good at taping/wrapping damaged packaging.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply