Global Shipping Program

hovsay
Community Member

Hi all,

Got a shipment coming from the states worth about $1300 USD - Apart from paying over $200USD on import duties and another $40USD on what I thought was 'International Priority shipping' to Australia, looks like it's Fedex Economy and will take about 10 days to reach Sydney (via 'multiple carriers').

The shipment itself took only 2 days to reach the shipping center, then sat in the center for about 5 days and now Fedex Economy another 10 days. The tracking itself is terribly delayed, luckily Fedex tracking is alright. 

Is this normal for GSP? I'm thinking I should have just used a mail forwarder...

Cheers

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Global Shipping Program

hovsay
Community Member

Just an update on the shipping, Fedex picked it up 3 days ago and it made it's way from erlanger KY, to memphis TN, and now in LA. All up it's been 9 days since the shipper sent it out and the package is still making its way around the USA on a scenic tour.

For $41 USD they should have made it priority instead of skimping out on economy. Either way, not impressed.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

No matter what Pitney Bowes chooses to call the "service" they only pay FedEx for Economy delivery.

There is never any change in the service.

If you really do want an expedited service you need to pay for one of the USPS Priority services...depending on the size of the item you may need a second mortgage on your home.Smiley Wink

Unfortunately this service is not as fast as it used to be but is still about as good as it gets for a postal service.

Some of the International couriers are quite fast....UPS, DHL....but the price can be quite astronomical.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply