Help please...

Hi all,

I have "purchased" an item. I have maintained polite contact with the seller. It is a pick up item. I  was flooded in the week it sold. The next week I was at the hospital with my son. I explained this to the seller. I recently made arrangements to pick up, (which was not easily accomplished with this seller) and then the seller opened an unpaid claim.

I have made attempts to pick up, and maintained contact all along via text, letting her know what is happening. The sellers communication has been extremely poor, and her phone has not once been answered. The seller has become extremely rude, swearing, and giving insults. The seller has previous negative feedback about poor communication.

The seller has now informed Ebay that I HAVE paid, even though I have not. She then put false positive feedback on my profile. I have not been rude to her. Other feedback received by me is a true indication of my personality and dealings with people. I am now not able to leave honest feedback for her as the item has disappeared. 

I have not managed to get in contact with ebay, as the phone/email is greyed out and I can't contact them. All of the options for reporting that I can find are not suitable to this situation. 

I previously had another account with my ex-husband which was closed for obvious reasons, but it had nothing but positive feedback received and given. Just recently I had another problem with a seller who refused to sell, and made all sorts of excuses. She was unhappy with the sale price (.99c) for a very expensive item. I left appropriate negative feedback, because I figured if I don't, then nothing separates the many good, honest sellers from the ones who are causing damage for good sellers.

Her insults via text include calling me a "pathetic waste of a life", a "selfish **bleep**", a "slack ass", a "nasty time-waster", a "fukn rude **bleep**". 

How best do I proceed with this situation?

Thank you in advance for any advice offered. I appreciate the time you take 🙂

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Help please...

That's really strange that the listing has gone from the OP's purchase history, because the original listing, plus the relisted one is still visible. Original item number 151642190732

OP, to get the eBay app, go to the eBay website on your phone and it should ask you if you want to download the app. If not, go into Play Store. The icon should be on one of your desktop screens on the phone. Tap the Apps button, then type eBay in the search box. It should appear close to, or at the very top of the search results. 

Tap on the eBay option, then when it opens tap on install. It will then install it on your phone. When the download is complete, it will give you the option of opening it. After you've opened it, you'll need to log in. You can also click on the settings option to set up notifications.

Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

Possibly more than meets the eye here sheeps and lyndal.....................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

Thank you. I have done as you suggest. This time I used Chrome instead of Google, and it worked. I was advised that it is installed and will soon appear. Will let you know if I have any luck there, but have my doubts.

Padi, whilst I appreciate a healthy cynicism, I assure you that there is nothing more than meets the eye. eBay have informed me that this is normal in this instance (believe me, I questioned the guy as to why this should happen, and was advised that this is just the way it is in these instances). He agreed that he believes the seller knows this. My guess is that it is not the first time she has played this hand). He assured me that it was definitely being taken further, as her actions were completely inappropriate.
Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal, Just saw your comment... The seller did open an unpaid dispute on 4 May. It was closed on 5 May, with the seller stating to eBay that I had paid. (which I would have, if she left the item in her garage as agreed). I fully believe she has pulled this stunt before. Can she state that I have paid and then issue a strike? I thought I read higher up this thread that once a dispute is open the buyer has four days to pay prior to the seller being able to do more. Clearly, it was not four days. eBay really confuses me at times. Obviously I am not the only one, or there would not be the debate over topics that exists here in the discussion boards. I read a few last night, and found it very interesting.
Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

The item has now appeared in my waiting for feedback and I was able to leave the feedback the seller deserved in this instance. Perhaps she can appeal it, but for now, it is there. Interesting given that the guy I spoke to from eBay said that I would not be able to leave feedback. 

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

I would be very surprised if she is able to get that feedback removed. If you read the sellers forum, sellers basically have to sell one of their livers to maybe get a neg removed. I believe eBay will see your negative as your opinion of the transaction, which is what so many sellers get told, even if the feedback is malicious.

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

Well, supposedly this is the link to report the feedback but when i click on it, it states service unavailable or some **bleep**pola lol

Oh seriously ebay, you decide 'breakfast cereal' is a naughty word ?? lol

Anyway, if it works for you Jenn, choose 2nd option down I think

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?searchstring=report+feedback

Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

Hi foxy, the link works ok for me...............true (2).gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 38 of 38
Latest reply