Homophobic reviews of music by Elton John because he is gay and out

I noticed there are homophobic reviews of Billy Elliot the musical AND there is NO WAY to write a positive review for the CD.  As soon as you try you are asked to leave (and not publish your counter review) or asked to cancel your review.  

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS GAY RIGHTS TO LOCATE Billy Elliot The Musical - Original Cast Recording CD (Item # 165169725452) and send the two so-called reviewers the following message - WHAT A HOMOPHOBIC PIECE OF **bleep** YOU ARE!

How many other listings have false reviews from homophobes which eBay will not let you disagree with because the review process has been hacked to stop dissenting opinions?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'd like to point out that you can't leave a review unless you've actually purchased the item in question.

It has to be verified.

Have you actually purchased a copy?

Product reviews | eBay

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

not sure I went to the correct listing as the only reviews I saw were these:

Screenshot_20211113-002858_Samsung Internet.jpg

If these are the reviews you are offended by then please explain why you feel they are homophobic.

Is it because of the 1 star ratings?

Message 2 of 54
Latest reply

I have sent you a private message.  Please try to give the CD a 5 star review and see what happens...

Message 3 of 54
Latest reply

please reply to my post on this thread rather than sending me a private message.

I won't post the content of your message, I think you should.

Message 4 of 54
Latest reply

Hi k

I saw the same after looking at the item#.

I think we have to lift our level of outrage.

I noticed what the OP encouraged others to post in a review... not surprised they were prevented from doing so.

Message 5 of 54
Latest reply

@originalsound wrote:

I have sent you a private message.  Please try to give the CD a 5 star review and see what happens...

if you tried giving a 5 star review with the comment you suggested in the Opening Post then I am not surprised the review was not accepted.

Message 6 of 54
Latest reply

Have you tried to dive the CD a positive review or did it stop you from doing that?  That is the crux of my outrage.  The two homophobic pieces of **bleep** who negatively reviewed the CD have made it so that no-one else can positively review the CD.  Their negative reviews are the ONLY ones allowed.  And that is the insidious homophobia which exists in Australia!

Message 7 of 54
Latest reply

Now it's getting interesting.

Message 8 of 54
Latest reply

Guess you are not a friend to gays then are you, pal?  

Message 9 of 54
Latest reply

@tuckcase

I am choosing my words carefully on this thread because I was once labelled as homophobic simply because I didn't agree with someone posting about gay issues.  It was a sly labelling as my comment wasn't the least bit homophobic, it just didn't align with the other poster.

Message 10 of 54
Latest reply