Homophobic reviews of music by Elton John because he is gay and out

I noticed there are homophobic reviews of Billy Elliot the musical AND there is NO WAY to write a positive review for the CD.  As soon as you try you are asked to leave (and not publish your counter review) or asked to cancel your review.  

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS GAY RIGHTS TO LOCATE Billy Elliot The Musical - Original Cast Recording CD (Item # 165169725452) and send the two so-called reviewers the following message - WHAT A HOMOPHOBIC PIECE OF **bleep** YOU ARE!

How many other listings have false reviews from homophobes which eBay will not let you disagree with because the review process has been hacked to stop dissenting opinions?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Quite possibly you are right and Elton John has offended some groups of people.

However, when someone writes a review of a product, it should always be about the product; a review is not a platform to launch into personal religious or sexual stances and it isn't appropriate to write a 'review' simply to attack other reviewers.

That's where the OP has gone way off course.

Message 51 of 54
Latest reply

Very good point springyzone.   Yes, a review must relate to the quality or cost of a product, and / or their reaction to the media after listening or watching. And if someone is not happy with a person who the review process is about (in the case of an actor or musician), they should leave it alone, move on and look for something they can review in relation to the quality or cost of a product etc..

Message 52 of 54
Latest reply

That's exactly how I feel. I guess I do feel strongly about it as I have actually been an occasional reviewer on another site. For some products I wrote an 'ambassador' review (clearly labelled as such), which means I was given the item free and asked to  be impartial. To me, if it wasn't done honestly and strictly about the product, it would not be worth doing.

Being able to do some things  online is (to me) a privilege, not a right.  A website that allows feedback, reviews or even a messageboard like this one is being generous and I just feel we should not abuse that privilege.

Message 53 of 54
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

Very good point springyzone.   Yes, a review must relate to the quality or cost of a product, and / or their reaction to the media after listening or watching. And if someone is not happy with a person who the review process is about (in the case of an actor or musician), they should leave it alone, move on and look for something they can review in relation to the quality or cost of a product etc..

LOL - as if just once the topic being discussed was answered - anywhere.

Message 54 of 54
Latest reply