How do I make the. Item I purchase private in my feed back (not say what the item is)

babsie6515
Community Member

When  I look at some members feedback   They don't sttate what the item is instead they have private, how do I  stop Sellers giving me feedback with item description?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: How do I make the. Item I purchase private in my feed back (not say what the item is)

Here is the ebay page about private listings which gives details of when "private" is appropriate.  There are also some high-priced items, health and personal items where the privacy of the item is important.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/private.html#create

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

Re: How do I make the. Item I purchase private in my feed back (not say what the item is)

go-tazz
Community Member

Or you could start another account for buying only and make your feedback private so no-one can see what

you buy,(you can't have your feedback set to private if you sell items),good.gif

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

ask them not to give you feedback. Wow I can see why you would want to do that.

that's some markup.

PS for some of us in the know,  we still know how to check what you have been buying. So if I was you I would start another account for your buying if you intend on reselling.

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

you bought them as used and you are now selling then as NEW never used

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

@babsie6515 wrote:

When  I look at some members feedback   They don't sttate what the item is instead they have private, how do I  stop Sellers giving me feedback with item description?

The item title and number is never shown to other members on the buyer's feedback profile - it's automatic. You can see it because it's your profile, but if you log out of your account and view the profile, you'll see what everyone else sees.

A private listing now just stops the item title from showing on the seller's feedback profile, but in either case your ID will be disguised on theirs. 

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

Buying items that are used and selling them as new????

I can see why you don't want any item description showing.

I can see some interesting negative feedback coming your way when word gets out..... and it will.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

'Item as described' star is already been trashed badly

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

Smiley Surprised Dis one made my schpecial lisp. Tsk tsk.

fingerwagging-smiley-emoticon.gif

image host
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

LOL kopes  

Spoiler
 Don't think they will be buying cutlery or masks to re-sell     nope smiley.gif
Message 10 of 24
Latest reply